PDA

View Full Version : Tidy little Arcam system - Alpha 6 amp, Alpha 5 tuner and rDock - £70 collected

Ripley's Cat
16-11-2014, 16:29
Hi,

A few little bits 'n' pieces that are now surplus to requirements. All in for £70 notes, collected.

Alpha 6 amp - all in working order - no crackles and pops. Great cosmetic condition, also. R/c on the volume (although no remote included - standard Philips RC code, AFAIK - can confirm this feature works though, with an Arcam CD remote I have in my possession.) A real-world, sensible amp, if ever there was one. Has seen active service in my study system for the last few years.

Alpha 5 tuner - FM only - a smattering of pre-sets. Reasonably sensitive. Good cosmetic condition. Enjoyable listen.

Arcam rDock - good working order, although non-original power supply. Comes with original box. Only bug-bear is that it doesn't charge iDevices . . . . this annoyed me, so I replaced it with an irDock.

Can be demoed & free cup of tea with ginger-nut/shortbread/custard cream. No spare cables, unfortunately.

Collection only, as have had some sort of box purge for anything bigger than a pair of size 10 boots.

TBH, it would be nice to have a visitor, as haven't seen anyone for years in this part of Lincolnshire . . .

(Washingborough, Lincs - just 1 mile south of the thriving, cosmopolitan hub of activity that is Lincoln.)

Any (related) questions, please fire away!

Matt

Ripley's Cat
20-11-2014, 06:39
A quick bump and a tiny reduction to £60 notes (collected) before it all heads to the 'Bay this weekend . . .

Peace,
Matt

Ripley's Cat
22-11-2014, 09:58
Hi,
iPod Dock sold to a buddy for £15. That leaves the amp & tuner available for £45 collected (for the pair).

I'm loathed to wax hyperbole about any item I sell . . . I mean, that's the seller's prerogative, right? Reckon it's up to the intelligence, reasoning and perception of any potential buyer to make up their own mind if they want something.

Still . . . . the amp was well reviewed in the early 90s (£350) and I seem to remember it being replaced by the Alpha 6 plus, which in turn became the Alpha 8. Wouldn't wish to comment on the differences between the models, but was always under the impression that changes were of the evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, ilk.

I do remember (for what it's worth) that the 6 plus amp was often partnered with the ubiquitous Marantz CD63SE and Mission bookshelf speakers (780SE???) as some sort of mid-price reference point system by a certain magazine . . .

FM tuners seem to go for peanuts these days, so see it as a freebie.

They've got to go, as I've promised myself a Blu-Ray player to replace my ageing Arcam DV79; naturally, funds are required!

Any questions, please ask!

Peace,
Matt