PDA

View Full Version : Grammerly Spell Checker

mr sneff
16-11-2014, 12:45
Is anybody using this? I'm using it as a spell checker on my Chromebook and it works fine, apart from when I post on AoS! For some reason, since the latest update, I have to disable it to post here otherwise the text in the message box becomes unreadable. Has anyone else encountered thsi?

mr sneff
16-11-2014, 14:35
Is anybody using this? I'm using it as a spell checker on my Chromebook and it works fine, apart from when I post on AoS! For some reason, since the latest update, I have to disable it to post here otherwise the text in the message box becomes unreadable. Has anyone else encountered thsi?

See, that's what happens without a spellchecker - thsi!!

Stratmangler
16-11-2014, 14:53
Do spellcheckers have an algorithm that detects mis placed apostrophes or corrects when words should be compounded (as in misplaced).
I wouldn't worry about it - no f*cker else does here :lol:

Macca
16-11-2014, 14:55
Or that tells you that you have typed 'form' and not 'from'? Useless things.

struth
16-11-2014, 15:50
These things usually have settings where you can adjust the voracity of its checking etv:eyebrows:

prestonchipfryer
16-11-2014, 16:00
Do spellcheckers have an algorithm that detects mis placed apostrophes or corrects when words should be compounded (as in misplaced).
I wouldn't worry about it - no f*cker else does here :lol:

Wrll, I tinhk popelo shlodu crae abuot spllineg. :)

walpurgis
16-11-2014, 16:03
Wrll, I tinhk popelo shlodu crae abuot spllineg. :)

Two trew!

struth
16-11-2014, 16:18
One of my favs on spell checkers.:doh:

http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images4/joel/iphone-autocorrect/bj.png

Macca
16-11-2014, 16:28
It's a little known fact but spelling was actually invented by the television producer Aaron Spelling in 1954. Which is why we still call it 'spelling' today.

awkwardbydesign
16-11-2014, 18:43
I use a spellchecker. I go back and re-read what I've typed. If that fails, there's always the edit option.

Floyddroid
27-12-2014, 07:41
I find American spell checkers to be irritating.

synsei
27-12-2014, 10:19
I use a spellchecker (came with the browser) however I'm not anal about it, and if some self-appointed spelling Police bod deigns to comment on mistakes I make I either assume that person has had a bad day, or else if they are a repeat offender I mark 'em down as a pedantic asswipe who has nothing better to do with their time.

Macca
27-12-2014, 10:42
I use a spellchecker (came with the browser) however I'm not anal about it, and if some self-appointed spelling Police bod deigns to comment on mistakes I make I either assume that person has had a bad day, or else if they are a repeat offender I mark 'em down as a pedantic asswipe who has nothing better to do with their time.

Shouldn't 'asswipe' be hyphenated?

;)

synsei
27-12-2014, 10:47

;)

:ner:

Stratmangler
27-12-2014, 14:09

;)

Not necessarily ;)

Martyn Miles
04-01-2015, 08:50
This is 'my thing', the rampant apostrophe.
I may be old ( I am...) but I have noticed little things like the following:

When typing on many Forums if you want to write its, it's comes up automatically. It is as though this is pre. set.
Did you notice I wrote 'it is' rather then 'it's' . I wish people would sometimes...
( I hope you are following this )

Basically, many people have forgotten the rules of grammar and punctuation. Either that or they weren't taught it correctly.
My English Teacher would make you get up and explain the difference and then, if it was relevant, write it on the blackboard.
We Pupils didn't like it at the time, but now I am just so thankful.

sq225917
04-01-2015, 19:20
That's the spell checker on your browser; forums don't have spell checkers built in, generally speaking.

karma67
11-01-2015, 09:47
i tend to think this,sometimes i make a spelling mistake,if that bothers anyone i recommend them taking a good long hard look around the world and then shutting their mouths!

walpurgis
11-01-2015, 11:10
If I'm unsure of the spelling for a word, I just enter it into Google and it will generally be corrected as I type it in. The online dictionaries are good too, as long as you remember to use a UK one. It is worth taking the trouble in my view.

struth
11-01-2015, 11:49
the odd typing error is fine and even the odd spelli!g mistake too...sometimes they are funny too so a bonus there;)
..but it is good to at least try to spell correctly. my spelling was crap when i left school by the standards of the time. i decided to get into xwords for a time and realised the benefits of being able to spell correctly.

ReggieB
11-01-2015, 12:52
Grammarly Spell Checker ?

karma67
11-01-2015, 21:28
Grammarly Spell Checker ?

:lol: