PDA

View Full Version : Rega RP1.

southall-1998
11-11-2014, 21:06
Had one last year, fitted with the carbon cartridge.

I rather enjoyed the sound performance from this RP1. Had that bouncy musical enthusiasm sound to it! Had to sell the damn thing to help with funds when we moved house.

I'm thinking about getting another RP1 with carbon cartridge. Easy to set-up and sounds decent enough to my ears.

Are some folks here on AOS using the basic RP1?

S.

hifi_dave
12-11-2014, 09:42
It's the best selling turntable here. A combination of great sound, ease of use and realistic pricing. Usually bought by first time vinyl users and those who have re-discovered their vinyl collection in the loft.

The Barbarian
12-11-2014, 12:48
Shane:
If it's that great why did you sell your old one in the first place?

cjm123
12-11-2014, 19:19
Hi Shane,

I had one and thought it was great too. I sold it to help fund an upgrade. However changed priorities now mean i am planning on getting another RP1. Dave W is right it is remarkably good for the price.

regards

Chris

cjm123
17-11-2014, 11:13
Hi Shane,

Not sure what happened to my last post, it seemed to disappear into the ether:scratch:. Anyway I got my RP1 with Carbon and am absolutely delighted with it:thumbsup:. It sounds great and is pretty quiet. Rega seem to have improved their QC quite a bit. The only comments I would make are the Carbon lacks a little in HF extension and the outer edge of the platter rises and falls about 0.5mm (seems to be caused by the sub-platter) but it still sounds great. For the money it is a steal and the arm will take a much better cartridge too!

Good luck with your decision.

Any advice from AOSers on the best cartridge for an RP1 would be really appreciated.

:cheers:

Chris

cjm123
22-11-2014, 10:30
Hi Shane,

If the slight rise and fall of the RP1 platter is a concern this can reduced by lifting the outer platter and rotating it to another position on the sub-platter until a flatter circulation is achieved. It eliminated 80% of the problem on my RP1.

Hope this helps.

Chris