PDA

View Full Version : Ortofon 2M Blue, Bronze and Black

Eagle owl
05-11-2014, 19:20
Do any of you guys use one of the above cartridges with a Croft 25R pre-amplifier ? if yes, which one and is it a good match ?

Thanks.

Tarzan
06-11-2014, 07:00
:popcorn:

Jimbo
06-11-2014, 13:01
Do any of you guys use one of the above cartridges with a Croft 25R pre-amplifier ? if yes, which one and is it a good match ?

Thanks.

Hi Geoff, I use the 2M Black with the croft 25R and it is a very good match.

The sound is very detailed and 'live' with great dynamics, soundstage and transparency, everything I would look for in a cartridge.

The 2M Black is a stunning cartridge and one I could live with for a very long time.

Eagle owl
06-11-2014, 13:47
^^^

Thank you James.

Anyone else ? all replies gratefully received. :)

naitphile
06-11-2014, 16:25
^^^

Thank you James.

Anyone else ? all replies gratefully received. :)

I'm not using a croft amp but I am planning an upgrade from an ortophon red there are reviews which suggest that red and blue are good but that blue is not a huge upgrade. Additionally the blue is the most difficult to align so you might want to look at some competitors or jump to the bronze which has substantially better SQ (which is what I plan to do)

Hope this is of some use

hifi_dave
06-11-2014, 16:50
The Blue is an audible improvement over the Red and is the most popular of the range. There are no issues with setting up a Blue, any more than the rest of the range.

naitphile
06-11-2014, 16:59
I suggest the OP then test or read a wider cross section of reviews as I have no axe to grind as a consumer not wanting to overspend but there are a number of reviews to the above effect especially on minimal upgrade...but I will bow out