PDA

View Full Version : Sub Woofer cable ?

steve s
04-11-2014, 19:49
Just picked up a little MJ Acoustics pro 50 and have a question about low level signal connection with my amp. I've seen sub woofer interconnects on the market .... are these different than a normal analogue lead or are they the same, just longer ?

Steve

Reffc
05-11-2014, 11:44
Just picked up a little MJ Acoustics pro 50 and have a question about low level signal connection with my amp. I've seen sub woofer interconnects on the market .... are these different than a normal analogue lead or are they the same, just longer ?

Steve

The same but longer. No difference at all. It's just a signal cable and no special considerations other than screening and lowish capacitance for the increased length are needed. Standard coax is fine for this application.

icehockeyboy
06-11-2014, 13:29
I had to substitute a so called better sub cable by QED, for a no brand one as I needed the extra length....and WOW!!!!!!!!

No difference at all! :)

steve s
06-11-2014, 18:27
The same but longer. No difference at all. It's just a signal cable and no special considerations other than screening and lowish capacitance for the increased length are needed. Standard coax is fine for this application.

Many thanks

I had to substitute a so called better sub cable by QED, for a no brand one as I needed the extra length....and WOW!!!!!!!!

No difference at all! :)

:lol: