PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for decent CHEAP interconnects.

twelvebears
04-08-2009, 14:59
Folks, need your help.

My suddenly expanding collection (3 tape decks and a CD player in the last 3 weeks) means I urgently need a number of interconnects to link them all up, and unlike many of you, I don't seem to have a whole draw full of spares.

Any useful suggestions as to where to pick up some OK cheap RCA leads, or offers to purchase some of your spares would be appreciated.

Ta muchly.

Marco
04-08-2009, 15:39
Hi Steve,

Look no further than Mark Grant's interconnects (he's a member here, so you can PM him):

http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_1&products_id=1&zenid=90d5rftmgc5gjq8485445a93o2

I use them myself, which of course I wouldn't do unless they were VERY good. They outperformed my £850 Transparent Reference leads. Quite frankly, at £20 they're ridiculously cheap!!

Hope this helps. I'll move this to the cable discussion area :)

Marco.

Peter H
04-08-2009, 15:48
Mains cable stripped of the earth wire does the same thing for me. You think I'm joking but I'm not. After you've paid for some 'good stuff' do a comparison. I was told to do so years ago by an old techie and I have often found it to be worth doing. Happy listening Steve

Mike
04-08-2009, 15:54
Make yer own! :eyebrows:

Dave Cawley
04-08-2009, 16:31
Mains cable is a tight fit into Phono connectors, and provides 0% sheilding!

Use the ones Marco likes, they look good to me.

Dave

twelvebears
04-08-2009, 18:47
Awesome! Mark's cables look just the ticket, and a recommendation from AOS is all I need.

Better than taking a chance on some of the unknowns in ebay!

What's Mark's AOS user ID then?

Marco
04-08-2009, 19:04
Hi Steve,

It's really cryptic... 'Mark Grant' ;)

Honestly, they're quite superb and as big a no-brainer as you're ever likely to get in hi-fi. For £20, why be arsed with the bother of making them yourself!!!

Happy listening and let us know how you get on :)

Marco.

Mike
04-08-2009, 20:20
I've made this offer before, but what the hell, here goes...

If anyone wants to send me some phono plugs of their choice I'd be happy to make some. I can even use Belden cable (I have miles of it!) if you like! Or solid silver, or...etc etc ;)

I'll even do the Belden stuff for free! :)

PM me.

DSJR
04-08-2009, 23:00
Mains cable is a tight fit into Phono connectors, and provides 0% sheilding!

Dave

Never stopped Naim using three core unshielded mains wire from supply to bigger power amps. Loads of taxi breakthrough and minimal stereo separation is the result..:scratch:

Peter H
05-08-2009, 09:20
'CHEAP' Was the operative word in the original post. I still say try the experiment before being sure.

jandl100
05-08-2009, 10:12
Hi Steve,

Look no further than Mark Grant's interconnects (he's a member here, so you can PM him):

http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_1&products_id=1&zenid=90d5rftmgc5gjq8485445a93o2

I use them myself, which of course I wouldn't do unless they were VERY good. They outperformed my £850 Transparent Reference leads. Quite frankly, at £20 they're ridiculously cheap!!

Hope this helps. I'll move this to the cable discussion area :)

Marco.

Interesting!

Just checked, Mark is out of stock according to his website.
You can get them on eBay from a good seller, though. Just search for "LV61S" :)
I've just bought a pair.