PDA

View Full Version : [IC] John Westlake Silver M-DAC Digital to Analogue Convertor

daws0n
27-10-2014, 08:18
I am considering selling my M-DAC, it is silver coloured and cosmetic condition is excellent. Complete with remote control and original box.

It is in 100% working order, however there is a small fault with the USB socket - the black plastic securing block between the 4 pins has broken off. It's a clean break, and could be easily glued but personally I have left well alone.

The block sits between the pins just fine and the USB port still works (I have used it to upgrade firmware) but I stick to toslink inputs to avoid damaging the connection.

Both audiolab and John Westlake have offered to repair it, but I haven't had the desire too - the DAC sounds great as-is over the other connections.

I see these still sell for £400 used... If you don't need a USB input for playback (it's already using the recommended .A10 firmware) this is a chance to pick up one of these great DACs cheap.

I would like £335 including delivery, let me know if you are interested?

P.S Photos up tonight!

droom
27-10-2014, 13:19
John Westlake modified these M-DAC's. is yours the modified version or the plain vanilla Audiolab version?

daws0n
27-10-2014, 13:32
Those mods cost more than my asking price - it's a standard model

Sovereign
27-10-2014, 13:54
Good DAC and good price.

daws0n
27-10-2014, 19:17
Cheers Sovereign, yes it's a good one indeed! Here is a photo:

http://www.dawsonspace.webspace.virginmedia.com/mdac0.jpg

For the record the flash has brought up a hairline scratch above the up arrow button, never noticed that before.

daws0n
29-10-2014, 04:36
Bump

Old boy
29-10-2014, 20:29
Hey that's my old one!