PDA

View Full Version : tannoy Canterbury corners/LSU-HF 12 red monitors

thebeathunters
26-10-2014, 18:47
as NAS used to say, Life's a bitch And then you Die... i'm not there yet but need parting from my beloved tannoy vintage speakers. one is from 1958, the other 1960. plenty of pics available, series numbers And info via PM.

12" Monitor Red LSU/HF/12-L drivers known as "red monitors". Power handling is 25watts and 97 db - 15ohms impedance

the early canterbury corner is considered musically as the very best tannoy ever made for their 12" drivers.
both enclosures are made of similar walnut and have almost identical fabric frontside with logos and drivers positioned at the exact same place and of course, both mounted with original 12" red monitors (orange dustcaps) and crossovers. on a day to day basis listening experience, you'd hardly notice the difference visually so if you're looking for a pair, this double-pack sale is a great opportunity.
the earlier has grey fabric with a very small default, hardly noticeable. the later has a perfect "tygan plastic fabric covering - acoustically superior to cloth or metal - and easily cleaned with a damp sponge" - as claimed in tannoy's ads. :)
the walnut enclosures are in excellent condition with no dents or deep marks, only light surface scratches and aging signs but one was obviously exposed to the sun rays that faded off the varnish. one came from UK, the other was tracked down to Switzerland and still holds the lead seal that guaranteed the import warranty from UK
the back of the units had both been painted black and could probably be restored to its plain plywood looks but inever bothered and leave it as original. same goes for the three missing feet that would be very easily built to match the walnut finish but here again, i preferred to leave it untouched and put it on small 10"wood feet consoles.
note that canterburys were also proposed in Tannoy brochures without feet but with a small wooden base. the existing holes seem to indicate this a a "feet" version.
Dimensions:
width 62.5cm (24.5in); height 99cm (39in); Total weight approx. 23Kg (50 lb)

13407 13404 13405 13406

i can have them delivered in the calais area by a very competent driver so you guys just have to cross the Channel :) price asked is 5000£ And they're worth every penny of it.

struth
26-10-2014, 18:57
as NAS used to say, Life's a bitch And then you Die... i'm not there yet but need parting from my beloved tannoy vintage speakers. one is from 1958, the other 1960. plenty of pics available, series numbers And info via PM. i can have them delivered in the calais area by a very competent driver so you guys just have to cross the Channel :) price asked is 5000£ And they're worth every penny of it

Hi Phil, your ad needs to be accompanied by Photos of the actual items for sale as per site rules ....if you could post those pics you have post haste please, or the thread will have to be removed.
Thanks G

thebeathunters
26-10-2014, 19:18
hi of course
i Will post pics later tonight

struth
26-10-2014, 19:37
Thanks Phil, and GLWS