PDA

View Full Version : NEBO 5 set for January 2015.

Pages : 1 [2]

Marco
14-01-2015, 15:36
They were very carefully selected. First you have to find a JVC videorecorder from 1993, then you have to peel back the yellow video lead exactly the right amount to drain the excess microvibrational energy from the red and white leads - the problem is that you need this length varies depending on the mass of the amplifier you are connecting. Next you need an Akai cassette deck lead from the 70s....
Alternatively you could go to a particular hifi shop in Bristol and spend £60K on resonance control products.

Sshh… Don’t tell everyone, or they’ll all want in on the action! ;)

Marco.

Floyddroid
14-01-2015, 15:37
Some great comments above and i can't disagree with any of them. Steve Shiell's system blew me away though Alan Towell as ever won the gong. i don't think i have heard my Ruarks sound as good. The low point of the evening for me is when my knee gave out as i was lifting one of my speakers and i chipped the base plate. hey ho! casualties of war eh? I regret not taking my VTL phono stage along to see how it faired. Perhaps another day.

Marco
14-01-2015, 15:44
No we didn't all agree since the open baffle system (you recall the one that sounded like an invisible band was in the room) was being run off a DVD player (albeit a quality one).

Indeed, but the point is, how much better again would the OBs have sounded, fronted by either Alan’s Pioneer or my Techy? ;)

IMO, as good as Steve’s digital front end was for the money, the improvement would’ve been considerable, especially with either Nick’s phono stage or the Paradise in the equation - but then you’re talking about a whole different ball game, in terms of cost.

The cold hard fact of the matter is that it’s eons cheaper getting good sounds from digital equipment, than it is from a turntable, but when money is spent wisely on the latter, and the owner knows how to get the most from his or her investment, then performance moves into another league.

I'd agree the various Technics-fronted systems sounded awesome, though. To all those people who think it's not worth modding an sL1210 and that you should just 'buy a better deck instead' - I'm sorry but you are so very wrong it's almost funny.

I know. It’s just wishful thinking, sheer blinkered ignorance or jealousy. Most of the time I just laugh at the idiotic comments/bullshite written, but occasionally it deserves to be challenged and shown for what it is! I didn’t spend £6k on my T/T for it to sound like a Fisher Price toy.

:nono:

Marco.

Wakefield Turntables
14-01-2015, 19:08
The Paradise phono stage was equally impressive, but in a different way.

It had a harder, beautifully wide-open, more solid and controlled sound (not that Nick’s phono stage was lacking in those areas), but the Paradise drove the music along with an infectious élan and visceral intensity, in true solid-state (dare I say it, almost Naim-like) tradition, but without a hint of opaqueness and sterility, so often delivered by transistor-based phono stages, at all price levels. Here, however, it was the music that was showcased, first and foremost in all it glory, but whilst also majoring on detail retrieval and analysis, making it undoubtedly a favourite amongst those whose sonic proclivities lean towards the musically forensic, as opposed to the mellifluous.

Nice to hear that you findings mirror my own when I reviewed my 4 box versions yonks ago. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?29794-Paradise-Phonostage-REVIEW&highlight=PARADISE

SPS
14-01-2015, 19:26
Thanks gents for the nice comments on my system
A couple of things i would like to add or comment on
My speakers and amplifiers are built to complement each other, less than a watt gives a plenty loud enough sound for my needs at home but the recent amplifier mods have really changed the resolution of the whole system.
I am very pleased to be where i am with it at the moment, and i feel i understand more about what makes a really top end SE valve system tick, and it not really what most people think, as i explained at the windmill..
I have some nice chip amps and owned lots of solidstate gear but they are no where near where the px25 amp is at, with the exception of output and cost. The px 25 amp is packed full for some good components and some very cheap ones too

On the record player front, and with my system, I tend to use a dvd player most of the time.
My deck is very respectable or even high end? but does lack in comparison to what the dvd player does in getting me closer to reproducing what i perceive as correctness... now i know we all hear different things, and im not saying one format is better than another, but on my system so far ..i know what sounds better to me...
I would have loved to hear ( and try) some of the decks and phono's or bring mine, but that did not happen this time, may be next time?
The great thing about hi fi is we all hear the same sound but we all interpret it differently.. our ears and brains are all different, and maybe its just as well, as these get togthers would be really boring

Thanks again to you all and the comments regarding my handywork...
Steve

RichB
14-01-2015, 20:03
Thanks gents for the nice comments on my system
A couple of things i would like to add or comment on
My speakers and amplifiers are built to complement each other, less than a watt gives a plenty loud enough sound for my needs at home but the recent amplifier mods have really changed the resolution of the whole system.
I am very pleased to be where i am with it at the moment, and i feel i understand more about what makes a really top end SE valve system tick, and it not really what most people think, as i explained at the windmill..
I have some nice chip amps and owned lots of solidstate gear but they are no where near where the px25 amp is at, with the exception of output and cost. The px 25 amp is packed full for some good components and some very cheap ones too

On the record player front, and with my system, I tend to use a dvd player most of the time.
My deck is very respectable or even high end? but does lack in comparison to what the dvd player does in getting me closer to reproducing what i perceive as correctness... now i know we all hear different things, and im not saying one format is better than another, but on my system so far ..i know what sounds better to me...
I would have loved to hear ( and try) some of the decks and phono's or bring mine, but that did not happen this time, may be next time?
The great thing about hi fi is we all hear the same sound but we all interpret it differently.. our ears and brains are all different, and maybe its just as well, as these get togthers would be really boring

Thanks again to you all and the comments regarding my handywork...
Steve

I still think that adding smoke machines and lasers will improve your fine system further!

Shame we never got to hear the chip amps you thought highly of. As an owner of the much admired ta2020 myself could you point me in the direction of which ones you were referring to. At the price you said they were I fancy trying some.

SPS
14-01-2015, 20:30
Richard, i have a couple of the 2020's they are ok, i thought the mono'd (by using 2 of them on seperate power supplys) tda7297 are good, bass is slightly light,
Also have been testing tpa 3116 boards, they have better power decoupling so seem to work ok as a stereo board, add some big power supply caps and a smooth power supply and these are quiet good sounding too, with much more bass so be aware they may upset some (ported?) speakers..
They all sound open, but i think the mono'd 7297 is my fav so far,
Most are single ended transistor amps, so have high distortion at volume, have a high output impeadance, so need carefull matching with speakers to get the best from them.. But for what they cost they are good value and suprisingly good sounding used within their limitations

Luckily i have had not too much in the way of smoke from my amps... But one day who knows

YNWaN
14-01-2015, 21:11
Nice to hear that you findings mirror my own when I reviewed my 4 box versions yonks ago.

Do they?

Marco
14-01-2015, 21:33
Hi Steve,

My speakers and amplifiers are built to complement each other, less than a watt gives a plenty loud enough sound for my needs at home...

Absolutely - I was largely pulling your leg, hence the smiley! :eyebrows:

My deck is very respectable or even high end? but does lack in comparison to what the dvd player does in getting me closer to reproducing what i perceive as correctness...

I don’t doubt that’s how you feel, mate, which is the most important thing. However, it would be interesting, just for fun at the next NEBO, to bring your T/T and your DVD player/DAC, and let others judge the results, through your undoubtedly superb speakers!

You’ve got a stonking T/T (I love TD124s) and with your FR-64 tonearm and SPU, especially through Nick’s phono stage, it should easily give your digital front-end a hard time... Would be interesting to see what folks think :cool:

Marco.

Wakefield Turntables
14-01-2015, 21:34
Do they?

Nearly!

Ali Tait
14-01-2015, 21:37
The comparison of phono stages was interesting. The Paradise was indeed very good. I thought the Firebottle equally as good, but different. The Paradise had tighter and deeper bass, the FB to my ears more expressive in the mids. I agree the Paradise showed very good detail.

I thought Nick's phono considerably superior to both though to my ears. It seemed to effortlessly draw you into the music in a way the others couldn't quite equal.

Marco
14-01-2015, 21:39
Do they?

The only difference is that mine was written in English.

:D ;)

Marco.

337alant
14-01-2015, 21:39
Guys
Thank you for all of your kind comments on my gear and I can only reiterate the previous positive comments on the other equipment played on the day it was quite breath-taking at times, what a great day :)
Steve how the F**K can a 2-3 watt amp go that loud I was gobsmacked, respect for your hard work there
Marco your Turntable is absolute class M8 and just shows what can be done with already excellent turntable from stock;)
We should also remember that during a good chunk of the Turntable listening period included the excellent Avondale 821 Pre Amp was used which proved to be very transparent and truthful to the source
Nics Phono stage was also superb and I am sure we will be hearing a lot more about that in the HIFI mags.
Ali's 2 box version of Alan's Firebottle Phono via Jimbos superb Croft Valve pre amp was also excellent in fact I don't think that all of the phono stages and Step ups used on the day were at such a high level that it didn't seem to matter what type of music was used it all sounded good.

I also enjoyed some of the late night equipment digital experiments, Richy those Valve amps really made your system sing mate :D O dear LOL and Mick the Quads sounded fabulous as well

Its a pity its not so easy to get a good Digital sound away from home, mine sound great at home and sometimes better than my analogue system with certain material but that's all dependent on the way my digital system is set up on my network.
I could just copy all my Flac files onto a solid state drive and plug it into my Silent PC but that would screw up my jRiver Library and take all day to re-sink properly with a new library and then I would have to undo all that again when I get it back home, so I cant be done with that :rolleyes:

Anyway twas a great day thanks to everyone :eyebrows:

Alan

Ali Tait
14-01-2015, 21:41
The other interesting thing was the addition of my BPS to the system (no, nobody was vapourised. :-) ). Offered an immediate drop in the noise floor to my ears, allowing more detail through. Quite a few picked up on this and I had more than one conversation about it. It was a pretty obvious difference, many seemed to like what it was doing.

Macca was an exception, commenting that he'd found these to thicken the bass a bit. Interesting how we hear differently.

Ali Tait
14-01-2015, 21:44
Guys
Thank you for all of your kind comments on my gear and I can only reiterate the previous positive comments on the other equipment played on the day it was quite breath-taking at times, what a great day :)
Steve how the F**K can a 2-3 watt amp go that loud I was gobsmacked, respect for your hard work there
Marco your Turntable is absolute class M8 and just shows what can be done with already excellent turntable from stock;)
We should also remember that during a good chunk of the Turntable listening period included the excellent Avondale 821 Pre Amp was used which proved to be very transparent and truthful to the source
Nics Phono stage was also superb and I am sure we will be hearing a lot more about that in the HIFI mags.
Ali's 2 box version of Alan's Firebottle Phono via Jimbos superb Croft Valve pre amp was also excellent in fact I don't think that all of the phono stages and Step ups used on the day were at such a high level that it didn't seem to matter what type of music was used it all sounded good.

I also enjoyed some of the late night equipment digital experiments, Richy those Valve amps really made your system sing mate :D O dear LOL and Mick the Quads sounded fabulous as well

Its a pity its not so easy to get a good Digital sound away from home, mine sound great at home and sometimes better than my analogue system with certain material but that's all dependent on the way my digital system is set up on my network.
I could just copy all my Flac files onto a solid state drive and plug it into my Silent PC but that would screw up my jRiver Library and take all day to re-sink properly with a new library and then I would have to undo all that again when I get it back home, so I cant be done with that :rolleyes:

Anyway twas a great day thanks to everyone :eyebrows:

Alan

Aye, the amps and pre were cracking bits of kit, as was your R to R, very nice!

Rich, you need to keep an eye out for a pair of WAD 300b PSE's, that was a killer combo!

RichB
15-01-2015, 18:17
Aye, the amps and pre were cracking bits of kit, as was your R to R, very nice!

Rich, you need to keep an eye out for a pair of WAD 300b PSE's, that was a killer combo!

I'm not sure if I've got the commitment to maintain a pair of valve monos full time but would certainly entertain having some for occasional use. For me this would mean separating my system from general use in the living room. At present it gets used for movies and everything, I'd say it gets about 5 or 6 hours use every single evening, runs for full days at weekends playing background music when we're around the house and I'd burn through valves in no time eh?

If a pair came up at the right price I'd entertain it though for my 'final destination' system, they certainly did sound fab.

MCRU
15-01-2015, 18:23
I'm not sure if I've got the commitment to maintain a pair of valve monos full time but would certainly entertain having some for occasional use. For me this would mean separating my system from general use in the living room. At present it gets used for movies and everything, I'd say it gets about 5 or 6 hours use every single evening, runs for full days at weekends playing background music when we're around the house and I'd burn through valves in no time eh?

If a pair came up at the right price I'd entertain it though for my 'final destination' system, they certainly did sound fab.

I have a pair of Nick's 300B monoblocks, you wont burn through valves and even if you did they are not mega money are they?

If they were PS Vanes for instance yes they cost much wonga (I have a pair for show use only) but other find sounding ones are available for the price of 3 LP box sets!

Ali Tait
15-01-2015, 18:25
Rich, the valves will last years.

Ali Tait
15-01-2015, 18:28
Anyway, you could use the mini t for everyday use, save the valves for proper listening sessions.

Ali Tait
15-01-2015, 18:35
Think he was talking about replacement valves mate.

RichB
15-01-2015, 18:40
Think he was talking about replacement valves mate.

Lol, yeah I just realised that... :lol:

Ali Tait
15-01-2015, 18:43
:D

YNWaN
15-01-2015, 22:24
The only difference is that mine was written in English.

:D ;)

Marco.

Ah yes, and yet completely different .... ;)

floyd07
20-03-2015, 09:11
After reading about NEBO 4/5 i am already looking forward to meeting you all at 6
Will keep my peepers open for date etc..........

southall-1998
21-03-2015, 21:03
Ken (Qwin)

How did the A21a cope driving those Celestion 66?

Thanks.

S.

Qwin
22-03-2015, 09:54
The Amp was fine Shane, the speakers were not quite right at Nebo, a work in progress. The midrange was too far back in the mix, I sorted that though, along with some other miner changes of parts and then they really kicked butt, the Sugden had pleanty of punch and grunt when needed and the detail was superb, it is a cracking amp and went well with the 66's.

Floyddroid
04-04-2015, 09:40
Hello gentlemen

I am just starting to put my mind to the next NEBO event though i am sad to say it may not be in the same venue. However, this is what makes NEBO so appealing. I am sure i will find a suitable gaff in which to hold it. I thought i would make sure that there is sufficient interest first though as i usually do so if you want to attend and especially if you want to bring equipment please get in touch as i need to start making plans. Please also let me know if there is anything better or different i can do to improve things.

:)

RichB
04-04-2015, 09:53
Hello gentlemen

I am just starting to put my mind to the next NEBO event though i am sad to say it may not be in the same venue. However, this is what makes NEBO so appealing. I am sure i will find a suitable gaff in which to hold it. I thought i would make sure that there is sufficient interest first though as i usually do so if you want to attend and especially if you want to bring equipment please get in touch as i need to start making plans. Please also let me know if there is anything better or different i can do to improve things.

:)

Steve, you know I'm there with bells on as long as there's no clash with Glastonbury week.

As ever, if you need any help you know to give me a call.

In terms of system, I'll be bringing a vinyl based full system this time, comprising my modded technics, a phono stage (Croft), icon audio passive pre, NVA monoblocks, Rega speakers.

As always I'll pack the laptop and a DAC in case people want to lash that up. (I promise I won't play any aphex twin this time though;):lol:)

Qwin
04-04-2015, 10:41
Count me in Steve:thumbsup:

I will bring a full system, the Croft Pre, Proton Power, NS1000m and probably the TT this time.

What has happened at the Windmill, have they lost intrest?

It has many good points so will take some matching, if I think of a possible venue I will let you know.:)

P.S. Start a new thread.

Marco
04-04-2015, 13:03
I'd defo come to the next one, Steve, and this time bring my Croft preamp and Raspberry Pi streaming set-up with me :)

What's happened with the old venue that you're not going to use it again, mate? Seemed fine to me....

Marco.

Qwin
04-04-2015, 14:01
As you might guess Marco, I look forward to sampling that fruit pie with interest. :)

Floyddroid
04-04-2015, 20:37
Absolutely brill Marco. Be great to see you again. The Windmill is now under new management. I had gained the continence of their predecessors and always managed to negotiate a good deal with them. However, until i get my lazy ass up there and talk to the new regime i won't know if we can hold anymore NEBO's again. Watch this space.
I'd defo come to the next one, Steve, and this time bring my Croft preamp and Raspberry Pi streaming set-up with me :)

What's happened with the old venue that you're not going to use it again, mate? Seemed fine to me....

Marco.

Floyddroid
04-04-2015, 20:38
Be great to hear those Yams. I will start a new thread when i have a venue and a date. Good to see you at Scalford.
Count me in Steve:thumbsup:

I will bring a full system, the Croft Pre, Proton Power, NS1000m and probably the TT this time.

What has happened at the Windmill, have they lost intrest?

It has many good points so will take some matching, if I think of a possible venue I will let you know.:)

P.S. Start a new thread.

Marco
05-04-2015, 06:47
Absolutely brill Marco. Be great to see you again. The Windmill is now under new management. I had gained the continence of their predecessors and always managed to negotiate a good deal with them. However, until i get my lazy ass up there and talk to the new regime i won't know if we can hold anymore NEBO's again. Watch this space.

Ah, I see... No worries, mate. I look forward to it :cool:

Marco.

Floyddroid
05-04-2015, 08:07
Either which way, i will find somewhere to hold it. NEBO is a spirit greater than the venue.
Ah, I see... No worries, mate. I look forward to it :cool:

Marco.

RichB
05-04-2015, 08:50
I am wondering if people might be prepared to come a bit further North? Say as far as Newcastle or Gateshead as I can think of some excellent potential venues.

The problem with many of those would be people needing to pay for parking and they may not be as accessible for lugging gear around. It is a conundrum Steve if you can't get the windmill.

The next best option might be a social club type of venue, Pelaw club in my neck of the woods has a few function rooms which might serve us well, would be cheap enough, free parking etc and I know the owner of a nearby cafe who could do a buffet. I'll look into it if you like Steve? It's also 5 mins from a metro which will connect people to Newcastle station so could be accessible for anyone coming by train.

Marco
05-04-2015, 11:10
I am wondering if people might be prepared to come a bit further North? Say as far as Newcastle or Gateshead as I can think of some excellent potential venues.

That would probably rule it out for me, unfortunately, as the current venue was *just* about do-able, from Wrexham, so I wouldn't really want to travel any further than that. How about bringing it a little further south, instead? :eyebrows:

;)

Darlington, perhaps? That's a serious suggestion, btw...

Marco.

RichB
05-04-2015, 12:14
That would probably rule it out for me, unfortunately, as the current venue was *just* about do-able, from Wrexham, so I wouldn't really want to travel any further than that. How about bringing it a little further south, instead? :eyebrows:

;)

Darlington, perhaps? That's a serious suggestion, btw...

Marco.

And it's not a bad one as far as I'm concerned. Darlington could work.

The place I had in mind would put about another 20/30 mins on the drive.

struth
05-04-2015, 12:22
or Huddersfield....its central

RichB
05-04-2015, 12:35
or Huddersfield....its central

Shuddersfield!!! Where I lived with my Mrs when we first met...

We sharp moved back to Tyneside which was paradise by comparison.

Seriously though, going that far might put a lot of the regulars off... Most of which tend to come from Durham/Tyne and Wear/Teeside.

However if we were doing an AoS show type thing (like Scalford) then I think it would have potential.

Marco
05-04-2015, 12:44
And it's not a bad one as far as I'm concerned. Darlington could work.

If it could be there, that would be great, and make my journey just that bit shorter (and more tolerable).

The place I had in mind would put about another 20/30 mins on the drive.

...thus ruling it out for me. When you've already got a three-hour drive to do, another half an hour on top just tips it over the edge. It's your bake-off though, guys, so don't worry about me :)

Marco.

RichB
05-04-2015, 12:45
If it could be there, that would be great and make my journey just that bit shorter.

...thus ruling it out for me. When you've already got a three-hour drive to do, another half an hour on top just tips it over the edge.

Marco.

Understand, I'd feel the same I'd I was doing it all in one day. If I were staying overnight I'd feel differently.

Marco
05-04-2015, 15:07
Yup, however, I like to get home and wake up in my own bed. The thought of waking up the next day, being over 3 hours from home, mate, just doesn't appeal....

Marco,

RichB
05-04-2015, 16:43
Yup, however, I like to get home and wake up in my own bed. The thought of waking up the next day, being over 3 hours from home, mate, just doesn't appeal....

Marco,

I know what you mean, seems to be regular occurrence for me with work at the moment.

Marco
05-04-2015, 16:49
Yeah, I get that, mate. If it's for your work, you don't have any option. I work from home, so I'm used to being near me scratcher ;)

Marco.

struth
05-04-2015, 16:51

Marco,

Know what you mean. I used to work away from home a lot; most of the time for a while.....now I hate going anywhere I cant get home from...Home boy I'm afraid now.:lol:

337alant
05-04-2015, 23:05
Shuddersfield!!! Where I lived with my Mrs when we first met...

We sharp moved back to Tyneside which was paradise by comparison.

Seriously though, going that far might put a lot of the regulars off... Most of which tend to come from Durham/Tyne and Wear/Teeside.

However if we were doing an AoS show type thing (like Scalford) then I think it would have potential.
Rich
Agree it started as a North East Bake off NEBO thanks to Steve, just as a local gathering to share some sounds and a bit of crack about old kit and the diversity of your digital gear and Micks valve gear and Neil's vinyl experience made it a very entertaining experience for me, whilst I appreciate those who travelled from afar, I personally would prefer to keep it local event.

Alan

Alan

Marco
05-04-2015, 23:32
Surely Darlington wouldn't bee too far out of the way though, Alan? :)

However, I'm happy to travel as far as Hartlepool, so if Steve can find another suitable venue in that area, then great. However, any further north than that would rule it out for me, for reasons already explained.

Marco.

RichB
06-04-2015, 00:05
Rich
Agree it started as a North East Bake off NEBO thanks to Steve, just as a local gathering to share some sounds and a bit of crack about old kit and the diversity of your digital gear and Micks valve gear and Neil's vinyl experience made it a very entertaining experience for me, whilst I appreciate those who travelled from afar, I personally would prefer to keep it local event.

Alan

Alan

Me too Alan.

There was some talk on here a while ago about an AoS show, along similar lines to Scalford which is what I think an event further south could be.

NEBO undoubtedly has its roots in the NE and is Steve's brianchild, thus it belongs on Teesside/Tyneside or Durham. Andrew (Rexton) on here was trying to get something together in Leeds and Yorkshire and I think that would be about as far as I'd go really.

Marco, maybe it's time to think about a centrally located AoS show again?

Marco
06-04-2015, 00:12
Lol - I thought that Darlington was a decent idea, which I believe is in Teesside? ;)

Anyway, as I said before, it's Steve's shout, and you guys from up that way should do what you think is best :)

As for an AoS show, it will happen at some point, but only when I get sufficient time to devote to organising it the way that I envisage it will work best, in order to make it suitably different from the Wam show in Scalford, thus worth attending (as I'm the type who does things right or not at all). That time is a bit off yet, as I've got lots of other things on my plate at the moment.

Marco.

Macca
06-04-2015, 07:44
The Windmill is pretty much an ideal venue. I like that big room and the fact that you only have to go next door to get a steak or whatever (and booze of course). Can't see the new owners turning down the chance to have 30 or 40 people in many of whom will eat and drink there.

wiicrackpot
06-04-2015, 09:56
Rich

Alan

Alan
Not that i have ever attended any bake-offs, (had a mini get together long time ago at the home of a Wammer who i had bought from who emailed me),
did any Scots crossed over the Hadrian's wall to attend at previous NEBO's?, was thinking some would attend if it stayed NE or nearer to Tynside.

RichB
06-04-2015, 11:24
Not that i have ever attended any bake-offs, (had a mini get together long time ago at John Stone from the Wam who i had bought from after he emailed me),
did any Scots crossed over the Hadrian's wall to attend at previous NEBO's?, was thinking some would attend if it stayed NE or nearer to Tynside.

Ali of this parish made the journey, hopefully some more Scots mafia will get down for the next one.

wiicrackpot
06-04-2015, 11:55
Ali of this parish made the journey, hopefully some more Scots mafia will get down for the next one.
Aye, that Ali spreads himself thin, :lol: i am surprised there's not more ventured down, they're pally they are,
geographically for them in Fife, the east coast is just a straight scoot via the A1, i'd have thought they would pile in one car and share the costs.

Floyddroid
06-04-2015, 15:22
Indeed they did. numerous. You would be very welcome Andy and you would have a ball.
Not that i have ever attended any bake-offs, (had a mini get together long time ago at the home of a Wammer who i had bought from who emailed me),

Floyddroid
06-04-2015, 15:26
I managed to speak to the manager of the Windmill today and he seemed positive that he may be able to persuade the boys at head office agree to us holding it there.

Marco
06-04-2015, 15:48
That's good news, mate :thumbsup:

Marco.

RichB
06-04-2015, 15:54
+1:clapclapclap:

Floyddroid
06-04-2015, 16:06
I am looking to hold NEBO 6 in December/January. Any thoughts? BTW, i have started a Facebook page for NEBO should anyone wish to join.

RichB
06-04-2015, 16:16
I am looking to hold NEBO 6 in December/January. Any thoughts? BTW, i have started a Facebook page for NEBO should anyone wish to join.

Thought it might be sooner Steve, issues with availability for the venue?

Longer days and warmer weather might be more conducive for those who have to travel but I'd imagine anything which clashes with the summer hols might also be problematic.

Floyddroid
06-04-2015, 16:53
The winter months tend to be better securing venues for a full day too as it's their slackest periods Rich. Some interesting debates going on here Rich!
Thought it might be sooner Steve, issues with availability for the venue?

Longer days and warmer weather might be more conducive for those who have to travel but I'd imagine anything which clashes with the summer hols might also be problematic.

mik_rik
06-04-2015, 17:00

Not just Ali that's getting spread thin!, we're all spoilt with Nebo's more regular than that,Steve.Looking forward to the next one ,but that is a helluva wait.Definately be there by the way

Ali Tait
06-04-2015, 17:02
Aye, that Ali spreads himself thin, :lol: i am surprised there's not more ventured down, they're pally they are,
geographically for them in Fife, the east coast is just a straight scoot via the A1, i'd have thought they would pile in one car and share the costs.

Only me in Fife from the Mafia regulars, the rest are over Glasgow way. You'd be welcome at the next local meet when one's arranged, will give you a shout if you like.

Jimbo
06-04-2015, 19:39
If its December or January I will be up to NEBO6 Steve - even though I have such a long journey :(

But it will be worth it:)

wiicrackpot
06-04-2015, 23:10
Indeed they did. numerous. You would be very welcome Andy and you would have a ball.
Thanks Steve, of all the shows (Scalford,Owston etc...etc.., NEBO looks to be the one i'd like to attend one day,
apart from being nearer to Scotland, i really do love Geordies and Tynesiders from the few i have met,
no airs and graces about them and same sense of humour, top blokes. :thumbsup:

Only me in Fife from the Mafia regulars, the rest are over Glasgow way. You'd be welcome at the next local meet when one's arranged, will give you a shout if you like.
Oh...i thought the majority are Fifers except Gazjam and Brian, might plug up courage and cross swords one day Ali,
but i feel it'll be expensive after hearing some top kit and Gaz's computer audio. :doh:

Ali Tait
07-04-2015, 06:46
Well the Pi might change that...

brian2957
07-04-2015, 09:32
You got one yet Ali ?

Gazjam
07-04-2015, 13:17
Well the Pi might change that...

Nae chance. ;)

Marco
07-04-2015, 16:27
Now *there* is a challenge! [Duly accepted] :thumbsup:

I'll have a sexy new Paul Hynes linear PSU for me Rasper ready by then, too!

Marco.

brian2957
07-04-2015, 17:13
Could be interesting :eyebrows:

Ali Tait
07-04-2015, 18:25
Nae chance. ;)

:D

petrat
08-04-2015, 19:02
I was brought up in Darlington, and my 94 year old dad still lives there, so will try to combine a visit to him with NEBO6.
Good luck with the venue, Steve. Any problems, I'm sure Dad would let you use his front parlour :D

Floyddroid
08-04-2015, 21:12
Thanks Peter.

I was brought up in Darlington, and my 94 year old dad still lives there, so will try to combine a visit to him with NEBO6.
Good luck with the venue, Steve. Any problems, I'm sure Dad would let you use his front parlour :D

337alant
08-04-2015, 22:04
Steve
Hope the new owners of he Windmill will allow the Nebo6?, don't see why not TBH
And as usual I would like to go, Ill shuv the Pink Floyd Echoes Live on a tape hows that for true Prog :D

Alan

RichB
08-04-2015, 22:11
Steve
Hope the new owners of he Windmill will allow the Nebo6?, don't see why not TBH
And as usual I would like to go, Ill shuv the Pink Floyd Echoes Live on a tape hows that for true Prog :D

Alan

My most favorite PF track! It's a must...:eyebrows:

337alant
09-04-2015, 10:19
Your in for a treat Rich its the 1974 BBC live tapes of Dark side of the moon and Echoes its raw and uncouth but a great live recording

Alan

Jimbo
09-04-2015, 11:27
Your in for a treat Rich its the 1974 BBC live tapes of Dark side of the moon and Echoes its raw and uncouth but a great live recording

Alan

Wow - would love to hear that. Did you see Dave gilmour doing an unplugged version on Youtube at air studios?