PDA

View Full Version : Australian Pink Floyd

Covenant
02-08-2009, 11:26
Ok I am stuck in the 70's and 80's so I took the missus last night to see APF at Liverpool Echo Arena.
An excellent band, they performed the whole of the Wall plus Shine on you crazy diamond, One of these days, Wish you were here etc.
What got me was everyone knew all the words! After all this time it was funny to hear an audience singing the lyrics to music that, lets face it, has not exactly been popular for a while.
I was next to a girl about 18 who shouted in my ear that she only knew about three songs but she was up and dancing will the best of them.
A great night.

The Vinyl Adventure
02-08-2009, 11:57
i know quite a few people who have been to apf, they always come back with positive comments! i think it says a lot about pink floyd that there is a tribute band that tours internationaly playing thier stuff .... theres cirtainly no "english peter andre" that does the same that i know of....

Jason P
03-08-2009, 18:37
Saw them about 10 years ago and they're great. One ex hippy (who, from the look of him, was really there throughout their heyday) swore it was better than the real thing, as 'they're not stoned so they can remember the tunes'

Think Floyd, another tribute, are well worth seeing too.

jason