PDA

View Full Version : hello

jdclock
01-08-2009, 19:52
just joined. Have recently set up a new (ie. old) system.... Kenwood KA5700 amp, Kenwood KT615 tuner, KLH Model Five speakers (I rebuilt the crossovers) and Dynaco A25's. Ive been using an AR/XA turntable, and am pleased with the sound, but the headshell broke. I've repaired the threads, but am considering buying something newer.... maybe a Technics 1200mkII. It seems DD turntables (and the Tecnics in particular) are a lot more "audiophile" than alleged. That's what brought me to this forum

aquapiranha
01-08-2009, 19:56
Hi. Welcome to AOS.

Beechwoods
01-08-2009, 20:02
Welcome, JD. What's your name and where do you come from? Glad you stumbled across us. It is true that a few members have SL12xx's as part of some very special setups. I hope you enjoy things here and it helps you on your journey!

Get stuck in!

DSJR
01-08-2009, 21:22
The old Techie is a good mid grade deck in standard form, but as it seems to get so much of the basics right, it's possible to easily take it several rungs up the ladder and when done, it still undercuts many of the established favourite LP spinners. Some of the tweaks benefit its ancestors too apparently :)