PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: NOS Mullard EL84 x 4

Ninanina
14-10-2014, 20:11
This is a bit of a long shot..

I'd like to replace the output valves in my Audio Note Oto, and I fancy a quad of NOS Mullard's..

Does anyone have any NOS Mullard's that they want to sell? if so reasonable amount paid for the right matched quad set..

Thanks all

Ninanina
15-10-2014, 18:01
Anyone ?

Undarra
15-10-2014, 18:36
Sorry I don't have any valves to offer, but wondered what are in there at the moment.

Ninanina
15-10-2014, 19:12
Sorry I don't have any valves to offer, but wondered what are in there at the moment.

I've not even taken the top off to look but I believe they are the original Audio Note ones

Are someone else who lives in Portsmouth.... at least there are two of us :D

Undarra
15-10-2014, 21:30
Just outside now but I grew up there. I guess the AN valves are the Sovtek ones I have in mine. Be interested to hear what you think of new valves if you can find any. I was thinking of trying Psvane El84s in mine as I use their small signal valves and like them.

Ninanina
15-10-2014, 23:20
Just outside now but I grew up there. I guess the AN valves are the Sovtek ones I have in mine. Be interested to hear what you think of new valves if you can find any. I was thinking of trying Psvane El84s in mine as I use their small signal valves and like them.

Hi Simon
Do you also have an Oto ?

Undarra
16-10-2014, 07:45
Hi

Yes I have an OTO SE too, and love it.

Ninanina
16-10-2014, 18:11
Hi

Yes I have an OTO SE too, and love it.

Yes I like mine too... some months ago I did put it up for sale but I am so glad nobody purchased it as I now use it as my only amp... :doh:

Undarra
16-10-2014, 20:03
I don't think I'll sell mine for a long time, I can't think what I'd replace it with unless I moved up the AN ladder and that's crazy money.

Jazid
16-10-2014, 20:53
For soviet era tubes 6n14p-ev the internet/ ebay will do. They are reliable and incredibly robust.
I have some NOS Philips and many many used EL84 of various designations, all tested. PM if interested :-)

Ninanina
16-10-2014, 23:09
I don't think I'll sell mine for a long time, I can't think what I'd replace it with unless I moved up the AN ladder and that's crazy money.

Well Simon I did try the Meishu and to be fair I prefered the Oto overall

It's tricky to explain why but while the Meishu, and it's 300b's do have 'something', overall I found they were just too 'thick' sounding and certainly not as musical, or as quick and revealing, as the little EL84's in the Oto..

Just my thoughts....