PDA

View Full Version : Another Hello

Moko
01-08-2009, 14:01
I thought it was about time to introduce myself and say thanks for the advice some of you have already kindly given:)

My system is fairly simple a squeezebox connected by ethernet to a NAS which then plays out through the variable side of a Beresford 7510 mk6 into an unknown DIY valve power amp and finally into a pair of Tannoy 611 mk2's.

Music wise I used to be an A&R man for Creation records, so all though I still love a bit of indie being so close to it & having to think of sales, devolpment etc. it kind of puts me off.

So in an effort to just enjoy music for the pure sake of music I discovered Jazz (who cares if doesn't sell all the people I love Hank Mobley, Ike Quebec, Ben Webster & Miles are all dead so its gonna make no difference to them! or anybody else). It's been a fascinating journey discovering so many great jazz artists.

Moko
01-08-2009, 14:06
Here's a better pic of my system, still getting the hang of how to post photos:doh:

Mike
01-08-2009, 16:35
Hi Moko...

Welcome to AoS! :)

Beechwoods
03-08-2009, 06:46
Welcome to AOS, Moko. I'd be interested to hear any Creation-era war stories you may choose to tell! 'Doing It For The Kids' was a record that had a very influential affect on my early musical development :)

Just for auld times sake... the opening track :)

38xbRxrnwqk

I know there are a few other members here that share you love of jazz though - including me; when it comes to the more avant-garde end of the spectrum.

I hope you enjoy being a part of the forum!