PDA

View Full Version : Audio Origami 12" PU7 - top of the range

take5
08-10-2014, 14:55
Selling my Audio Origami 12" PU7.

It is the absolute top of the range version, with all the best bits possible.

The guy I bought it from ( Si) asked Johnnie at Audio Origami to build it to highest spec, and it was delivered to Si in 2009. I bought it from him about 18 months ago.
At the time he bought it, Si did a little review, on Wigwam, including the specs.
Here is the thread, with pictures. Some of the pictures are pre chroming. Don’t think that is the finish. For the shiny finish, see the bottom pictures !!

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?22952-Audio-Origami-Kondo-12-inch-PU7

I used it for a while on the turntable (Nottingham Analogue) that I also bought from Si, before I then sold the T/T.
I planned to put the arm on a Garrard 401 but never got around to it. It has just sat here unused for more than a year now.

Si was very particular with his gear. It is immaculate and would pass for new. There are not even any marks on the headshell! It is perfect in every respect.

I believe with this spec, the new price is approx £3500.

My price is £1400.

take5
08-10-2014, 15:02
correct link now in place

montesquieu
08-10-2014, 15:54
Bargain alert!!!!!!

Marco
08-10-2014, 16:16
Hi Brian,

Could you please upload some pictures of the item for sale and post them here. Linking to images on other forums doesn’t count, I’m afraid, and smacks a little of laziness! So come on, let’s see some proper pics posted here of your lovely tonearm. Ta! :)

Marco.

Marco
09-10-2014, 09:08
If no pics are posted here by 7pm this evening, I’m afraid that the ad will be removed.

Marco.

take5
09-10-2014, 09:24
Marco, I understand. No problem.

I dont know how to post pics, but will try to find out before this evening and post one.

DSJR
09-10-2014, 09:36
Open a Photo-Bucket account, upload the pics there and then you can copy and paste the links to here - that's how I do it.

P.S. I have to say from PERSONAL experience that changing from any NAS deck to a 301 or 401 is a backwards step, even if you have an original Spacedeck to start with! The Garrards have a bit of a convex kind of image/soundfield projection, the vocals pushed out but extreme left/right slightly narrower. Drive noise, although well suppressed in properly restored and re-plinthed examples, can never be totally eradicated either (physical impossibility), and having the motor detached from the structure in NAS decks, together with the silicon-rubber drive belt they use, keeps noise almost silent, if not quite as silent as the best direct drives with only one moving part. Yes, I know how 'funky' the Garrard's sound - it's incredibly endearing and I love the 401 to bits, but it's a heart thing really, as the head tells me a NAS deck is demonstrably better (I've done this comparison many times in the past).

If only you could financially justify it, I'd get an SP10, properly plinth it up, service the power supply and use your PU7 on that. Personal opinion, but I doubt you could better this without buying a cutting lathe disguised as a turntable, as some of the silly Top End decks appear to be...

take5
09-10-2014, 09:41
Dave, thanks very much for a great post.

I have been contacted by a kind A of S member who has offered to post a pic for me. Fingers crossed.

But yes, I know I have to find out how to post pics on forums. Perhaps my 12 year old will teach me.

montesquieu
09-10-2014, 09:43
Done :)

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/pu7_zps9b5b23d6.jpg (http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/montesquieu61/media/pu7_zps9b5b23d6.jpg.html)

take5
09-10-2014, 09:48
Tom thanks.

I should have said. The arm is a Rega fit. However, I also have the AO collet, which makes fitting the arm much easier.

Marco
09-10-2014, 09:50
Nice one, Tom :thumbsup:

Hi Brian,

I dont know how to post pics, but will try to find out before this evening and post one.

It’s a simple process. When you need to post pics again in future, see the instructions here for using Photobucket (scroll down a bit from the top of the page): http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?14874-Step-By-Step-Guide-to-Linking-to-Photos

Anyway, good luck with the sale! :)

Marco.

stevied
09-10-2014, 14:59
I have seen this arm in the flesh mounted on a shoebox its temporary home i believe

Stunning!

take5
09-10-2014, 17:15
A shoebox ??????????????????
A shoe box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A shoebox is what you get when you go into Clarks.

This is a work of Art. Do you know how many hours of careful thought and planning went into this "box".

This is the Kondo equivilant of a Box. In fact I am in talks with a very nice man from Japan at the moment regarding the patent that I very sensibly took out on my ground breaking invention. They are more than keen to get involved.

Shoebox indeed !!

Arm still available.

take5
11-10-2014, 10:00
still available.