PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury 2015

RichB
05-10-2014, 23:25
So another year and another thread to discuss rumours, headliners, meet ups etc...

For me, Fleetwood Mac would be good and I always remain hopeful of seeing something Floyd related on one of the stages someday... Who knows, new album and all. As ever the speculation is sometimes the best part.

Looking forward to seeing some of the AoS gang there next year and keeping fingers crossed that those who were unlucky in the madness of the ticket race will do better in the resale.

Ali Tait
06-10-2014, 07:12
Aye, hoping I get somwhere in the resale. If not, it'll be the first I've missed in twelve years.

johnB
06-10-2014, 16:17
Ali, if you share your Ref #s just before the resale I'll have a go for you.
Cheers
John

Ali Tait
06-10-2014, 17:08
Many thanks John, much appreciated!

walpurgis
06-10-2014, 18:41
I see all tickets for Glastonbury 2015 sold out in half an hour today!!

(I don't care. It's mainly shite 'pop' acts these days, so I'm not going anyway)

keiths
06-10-2014, 19:44
I see all tickets for Glastonbury 2015 sold out in half an hour today!!

(I don't care. It's mainly shite 'pop' acts these days, so I'm not going anyway)
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/glastonbury-cynicism-wears-out-in-30-minutes-2014100691385

RichB
06-10-2014, 20:41
Ali, if you share your Ref #s just before the resale I'll have a go for you.
Cheers
John

Likewise, i'll be trying for another 4 in our gang who weren't so lucky so I'll add you to list Ali.

johnB
06-10-2014, 20:47
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/glastonbury-cynicism-wears-out-in-30-minutes-2014100691385

Nice piece Keith :-)

"It is estimated that almost half a million bitter nostalgia addicts will miss out on making snarky online comments this year, having to make do with picking holes in festivities while watching the live BBC broadcast.".........have fun at home, I know where I'd rather be.

Ali Tait
06-10-2014, 21:00
Likewise, i'll be trying for another 4 in our gang who weren't so lucky so I'll add you to list Ali.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

jollyfix
09-10-2014, 13:53
Ali , i will see if i can help, but no info until Jan 2015.
Sad news Andrew passed away, always full of great stories, he always camped with us, he and Bella started the whole thing. Sad indeed.
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/andrew-kerr-remembering-the-creative-force-behind-the-1971-festival/

Ali Tait
09-10-2014, 14:14
John, many thanks, much appreciated.

Sad news indeed.

jollyfix
09-10-2014, 15:29
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152353858770737&set=p.10152353858770737&type=1&theater
nice pic of Nik and Andrew.

johnB
09-10-2014, 18:28
Ali , i will see if i can help, but no info until Jan 2015.
Sad news Andrew passed away, always full of great stories, he always camped with us, he and Bella started the whole thing. Sad indeed.
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/andrew-kerr-remembering-the-creative-force-behind-the-1971-festival/

Sad news Dave but looks like Andrew had a great life.
Spirit of 71 lives on.

RichB
13-11-2014, 11:14
Have just seen Foo Fighters published UK dates for June which makes them a fairly safe bet for a headline slot I'd say.

I've seen them before and for me they've gone off the boil these days but Mrs B loves em and she'd be happy to see them again.

Any more 'rumours'?

johnB
13-11-2014, 23:50
AC/DC if they can stay out of prison.

One of my kids tell me that Taylor Swift is a certainty.

As usual I don't really care......bring on the big name headliners as it keeps the crowds away from all the good music and the other good stuff.

I have a van lined up this time Rob....my tent days have finally passed.

Cheers
John

jollyfix
14-11-2014, 07:57
.bring on the big name headliners as it keeps the crowds away from all the good music and the other good stuff
John

Very true John, i see Fleetwood mac are on tour in the uk in 2015, they have a gap on their tour from June 20th to 30th.:eyebrows:

Ali Tait
14-11-2014, 08:11
Aye, bit of a coincidence that!

A work collegue who knows the manager of AC/DC says they are definitely playing..

RichB
15-11-2014, 00:04
AC/DC if they can stay out of prison.

One of my kids tell me that Taylor Swift is a certainty.

As usual I don't really care......bring on the big name headliners as it keeps the crowds away from all the good music and the other good stuff.

I have a van lined up this time Rob....my tent days have finally passed.

Cheers
John

See you in the motorhome fields John!

I'm inclined to agree with on the majority on headliners.... I was nowhere near arcade fire or kasabian this year thankfully but the Mac and AC/DC I'll be making an exception for. That is if they can keep out of jail

Ali Tait
15-11-2014, 00:08
+1. If I can get in.. :-)

RichB
22-11-2014, 10:12
Ride - My favourite shoegaze band from the 90s just announced they're reforming after 20 years. Playing dates next year in May and June, would be ideal on the JP stage or possibly early evening on the Other. My preference woulke be JP as for me it has more vibe than other.

Ali Tait
22-11-2014, 11:17
Aye, know what you mean. Can be difficult getting anywhere near sometimes though.

RichB
01-12-2014, 22:11
Apparently confirmed today for the Sunday afternoon spot.

As much I admire some of his work with the Commodores I'll not be going out of my way for this.

RichB
04-01-2015, 00:48
http://www.dalailama.com/teachings/schedule

Perhaps the festival's greatest booking yet!

johnB
04-01-2015, 10:00
http://www.dalailama.com/teachings/schedule

Perhaps the festival's greatest booking yet!

How did he manage to get a ticket, the queue on the phones was huge?

Let's hope Bono doesn't try to muscle in. :)

RichB
04-01-2015, 15:58
How did he manage to get a ticket, the queue on the phones was huge?

Let's hope Bono doesn't try to muscle in. :)

Divine intervention John..

Depending on where they put him on it may be something like this

RpkWT5voTSE

johnB
16-03-2015, 20:47
100 days to go!

Kanye West, yes. (if you don't "get" him try his LP, My Beautiful Darked Twisted Fantasy, I like)

Ali Tait if you want to share your reg numbers etc will try to help on resale day.

Cheers
John

Ali Tait
16-03-2015, 21:15
Cheers John!

RichB
16-03-2015, 23:00
100 days to go!

Kanye West, yes. (if you don't "get" him try his LP, My Beautiful Darked Twisted Fantasy, I like)

Ali Tait if you want to share your reg numbers etc will try to help on resale day.

Cheers
John

Yes, I'll do likewise Ali. Still chasing tickets for you and another 2 in our gang. PM me your ref no mate.

My Mrs told me Kanye was on, she saw it on Facebook or summat. I'm frankly relived as it's a Sat night I won't be spending at the pyramid! Also Foo Fighters in the Friday, saw them years ago and they've gone off the boil for me.

This is great as it means I'm less focussed on the big names this year and off to discover other things.

100 days to go... we shall partake of a drink together once again boys! I'm looking forward to that....

RichB
02-04-2015, 19:14
Balances paid, motor home ticket purchased.

Ali don't forget to PM me your registration for the resale. I know a few that's dropped out.

Barry
02-04-2015, 19:19
Divine intervention John..

Depending on where they put him on it may be something like this

RpkWT5voTSE

It doesn't matter 'where they put him' - any organisation offering the Dali Lama an audience is bound to get up the nose of the Chinese.

johnB
02-04-2015, 22:58
Balances paid, motor home ticket purchased.

Ali don't forget to PM me your registration for the resale. I know a few that's dropped out.

East RV field for me this year.
Likewise Ali email me your details, I'll try too.

John

RichB
16-04-2015, 19:31
http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/v13.jpg

johnB
16-04-2015, 20:49
I have to say that this line up is stunning, and it looks like this is only 4 of the stages (Acoustic stage etc still to come)....Spiritualised, Ryan Adams, Super Furry Animals, George Clinton etc, Jamie T, The Fall, Alabama Shakes, Sharon van Etten, Chemical Brothers, Patti Smith Band.......

shit I can't wait.

RichB
16-04-2015, 21:13
I have to say that this line up is stunning, and it looks like this is only 4 of the stages (Acoustic stage etc still to come)....Spiritualised, Ryan Adams, Super Furry Animals, George Clinton etc, Jamie T, The Fall, Alabama Shakes, Sharon van Etten, Chemical Brothers, Patti Smith Band.......

shit I can't wait.

All of the above plus Death Cab for Cutie, hopefully on the park stage. Future islands, mavis staples, and of course the moody blues. Plenty there to keep me interested.

Ali, pm your registration mate and I'll try on sun for you.

johnB
16-04-2015, 22:47
I saw Future Islands earlier this year Rich, they were very good. Reminded me a bit of early (ie good) Simple Minds.....the singer certainly has a wide range in his voice.

Ali Tait....ditto, I can try for you on Sunday too.

Cheers
John

Ali Tait
17-04-2015, 06:49
Thanks guys, but don't think I can make it, what with the upcoming wedding..

RichB
17-04-2015, 07:17
Thanks guys, but don't think I can make it, what with the upcoming wedding..

No worries mate. Who's getting married Ali?

Ali Tait
17-04-2015, 08:22
Me!

RichB
17-04-2015, 09:48
Me!

How can I have missed that.:eek:

Congratulations!:)

Ali Tait
17-04-2015, 10:09
Thanks Rich. :-)

Gazjam
17-04-2015, 10:33
Aye, she'll make an honest man of him :)

Darren
17-04-2015, 10:38

Ali Tait
17-04-2015, 10:56
Aye, she'll make an honest man of him :)

Oi!

Gazjam
17-04-2015, 11:41
Congrats man, I had forgotten you were getting married.

Ali Tait
17-04-2015, 12:07
Cheers mate. :-)

RichB
19-04-2015, 12:44
So the resale was all done and dusted in 9 mins....

I was at the ready from 8.30 but never made it to the page, fortunately a pal did which took care of the last of our gang needing tickets.

Seems like every year it takes about half as long to sell out as before. Wonder what it it will be next year, 12 mins on the main sale and 5 mins on the resale?

Wonder if they've ever considered another way of doing this like drawing a bunch of random numbers lottery style and letting those people buy 4 tickets and then drawing more to sell the rest. Phasing the sale over several lots of drawings and random numbers picked to give the most equal chances?

Anyway, roll on June.... also found a righteous booze bargain in Aldi, cans of premixed gun n tonic for 99p. 1.6 units of alcohol per can. I bought 4 crates of it:eyebrows::cool:

RichB
18-05-2015, 21:27
http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/avalon_2015_b.png

Field of Avalon line up looking good this year, Idlewild and I am kloot in particular are bands I've followed for years..... I like the vibe in this corner of the festival and can see me hanging out here quite a bit this year too. I'll probably check out The Zombies and Seth Lakeman too having seen him supporting Billy Bragg a few years ago... was very impressed and bought a few of his albums.

The Avalon cafe do a decent plate of various veggie curries too, sorted my Sunday hangover out a treat last year whilst watching the Mariachis to lift my spirits. Magic.

johnB
18-05-2015, 22:31
Avalon has a good pub too Rich. I concur on I Am Kloot and Idlewild, their new LP is excellent. I saw the Zombies last year, they were very good.

Any other AOSers attending this year?

Cheers
John

RichB
18-05-2015, 22:50
Avalon has a good pub too Rich. I concur on I Am Kloot and Idlewild, their new LP is excellent. I saw the Zombies last year, they were very good.

Any other AOSers attending this year?

Cheers
John

I must have seen idlewild 6 times now since I first heard their demos on Steve Lamaq, absolutely unmissable for me... got their new LP too. One of those bands I'll follow whatever they do. A few years ago they played a gig at one of the univeristies in Newcastle and had no support act, they came on and said they hadn't decided what their setlist would be for the tour and they wanted to try everything out to see what worked. They played for nearly 3 hrs that night and took requests, it was awesome!

The kloot are a good act too but they attract a really odd crowd, the last time I saw them was in one of Newcastle's oldest theatres but a load of pissed up scallys were in and basically spoilt the whole gig for everyone by shouting amongst themselves while the band were playing.... I even asked one of them why did they bother buying a ticket when they could have stayed in the bar next door. An odd bunch...

RichB
16-06-2015, 19:41
A week today we'll be parked up in the campervan fields enjoying a bbq and some gin n tonics to get us in the festival mode. Mrs B celebrates her 40th during Glastonbury week so I've been buying decorations and party stuff for her, making posters to stick up around the place and cause her maximum embarrassment lol.

2 glorious weeks off work I have, it's been a hard slog this year and it only gets harder when I go back so looking forward to letting our hair down a bit!

As usual I've become preoccupied with Somerset weather patterns and rumours of secret sets, whilst spending my spare time watching some of my favourite sets from years gone by. I love it.

Ali Tait
16-06-2015, 19:55
Enjoy mate, sink a few for me..

RichB
16-06-2015, 21:23
Looks like the Foo Fighters have cancelled... Wonder who they'll get to headline the Friday?

Shouty bloody florence and her sodding machines will get promoted... Oh well, off to a dub reggae tent with me it is..

johnB
21-06-2015, 19:01
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/Jrb1961/country-road-sign-in-pilton-somerset-pointing-to-worthy-where-the-BE24GX_zpsz1t62woq.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Jrb1961/media/country-road-sign-in-pilton-somerset-pointing-to-worthy-where-the-BE24GX_zpsz1t62woq.jpg.html)

Once again off we go to this wonderful world. :)

RichB
29-06-2015, 19:37
Home now, knackered but happy after another exhilarating 5 days.

Great to see AoS folks JohnB and Jollyfix again and catch up with you both at different points over the weekend.

Feel like I saw hundreds of great acts over the weekend and once I've got my wits back I'll try and remember them all. But now to bed.

Techno Commander
29-06-2015, 21:43
Good to see Motorhead there. I thought Flo did an excellent job headlining, especially as I am not a huge fan of hers. Have to give her credit though, the nailed it there. Thought the Who and Chemical Brothers were excellent. Not much else appealed.

There are strong rumours circulating in the professional audio circles that "The greatest rock god in the universe" (personally dont agree) Kanye West lip synced part of his performance. It also appears that the BBC sub title guy got fed up trying to decipher his lyrics.
http://www.oystermag.com/bbc-subtitle-writer-gave-up-on-life-during-kanyes-glastonbury-set
http://www.oystermag.com/sites/default/files/3_24.jpg

RichB
30-06-2015, 16:48
Good to see Motorhead there. I thought Flo did an excellent job headlining, especially as I am not a huge fan of hers. Have to give her credit though, the nailed it there. Thought the Who and Chemical Brothers were excellent. Not much else appealed.

There are strong rumours circulating in the professional audio circles that "The greatest rock god in the universe" (personally dont agree) Kanye West lip synced part of his performance. It also appears that the BBC sub title guy got fed up trying to decipher his lyrics.
http://www.oystermag.com/bbc-subtitle-writer-gave-up-on-life-during-kanyes-glastonbury-set
http://www.oystermag.com/sites/default/files/3_24.jpg

Pleased to say I managed to pretty much avoid the main stages this year and had a great festival for it. Highlights for me were 'My Baby' on the bandstand, a great blues outfit who supported seasick steve on his last tour. Mavis Staples on the park stage was fab, Moody Blues, Zombies, Seth Lakeman and Idlewild also great.

On the Saturday afternoon I sat down in the sunshine with my veg curry and a can and thoroughly enjoyed Burt Bacharach whilst lying on the grass.

Molotov Jukebox were lively and great to watch, I could have looked at their singer/accordion lady all day! Also Wolf Alice bringing a bit of shoegaze to things.

Can't remember all that I saw but recall wandering around the green fields when bloody Kanye was due on the big stage and coming across a group of 4 burly Cornishmen singing sea shanties. According to my wife I was apparently roaring along with them and said they were the best act at the festival. That's what it's all about for me.

johnB
30-06-2015, 18:04
A great few days again (as always) and good to see Dave and Rich of these parts again.

Only saw three bands on the Pyramid...Patti Smith who was awesome, the wonderful Waterboys and Alabama Shakes

Other highlights for me were Wilko Johnson, Hot Chip, Billy Bragg (again), George Clinton (wow), Nick Lowe (with Paul Carrack & Andy Fairweather Low), Ron Sexsmith (what a voice), The Zombies (although Rod Argent is a bit of a prat) and the mighty Donovan (with an audience of about 100!)

As always the best times were had miles away from the main-stages and miles-away from everyday life.

Still the greatest festival in the world.