PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Canada

electrafixion
30-07-2009, 23:08
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while and thought I should finally introduce myself. I'm a life long audio nut, and over the last couple of years have moved mostly to vinyl in my home system. I consider myself a recovering belt drive TT user, and am now the proud owner of a number of Technics DD decks. I'm looking forward to chatting with like minded audiophiles, especially about ways to modify and improve vintage analog gear.

My current TT collection includes a custom SL-1200mk2 w/ Origin Live OL-1, a project SL-150mk2 (arm TBD), a SL-1600mk2 w/ cardas rewire and KAB damping trough. Other bits include a NOS Jelco SA-370H Tonearm (OEM MMT) and a Alphason Xenon. My main (and only at present) cartridge is a Clearaudio Melody. I've also got a VPI HW-19III deck on hand to remind myself why I like DD so much.

The rest of my system is as follows:

Thiel CS2.3 speakers
Sunfire 300 Stereo amp
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 pre
Pass Labs ONO phono
Cayin CD-T17A cd

My musical taste varies, but mostly I'm into brit-pop, punk, post-punk, and UK indie stuff. I'm also developed an unexpected liking for prog rock such as Pink Floyd over the last year or two.

Regards,

Trevor

Spectral Morn
30-07-2009, 23:13
Hi Trevor

Welcome to AoS.

Nice set up, would you like to post some photos into the Gallery part of the forum. We all love to look at photos.

Regards D S D L

The Grand Wazoo
30-07-2009, 23:27
Hi Trevor,
Welcome!
There's nothing wrong with a bit of Floyd every now & then!

What's Calgary like at the moment? I have a soft spot for your town as it's been the launch point for several fantastic trips I've had in Canada & the US.

electrafixion
30-07-2009, 23:32
Hi Trevor,
Welcome!
There's nothing wrong with a bit of Floyd every now & then!

What's Calgary like at the moment? I have a soft spot for your town as it's been the launch point for several fantastic trips I've had in Canada & the US.

It's actually been decent here for the last week or two...the odd rain shower but it's been in the mid 20's most days. But of course there's always a chance of a freak snow storm is this stupid city!

The Grand Wazoo
30-07-2009, 23:39
It's actually been decent here for the last week or two...the odd rain shower but it's been in the mid 20's most days. But of course there's always a chance of a freak snow storm is this stupid city!

Hahahaha........I know what you mean - I once had a snowball fight in August not so far from your city!

Well, I've not seen a day without rain for almost two weeks, so you're doing OK! That's why we love the UK so much!

Cheers

Beechwoods
31-07-2009, 18:49
Hi Trevor, and welcome to AOS. It's nice to say hello to a long-time lurker. I hope you put your new posting abilities to good use! Enjoy and get stuck in!