PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Budget Turntable

Bigandbouncy
01-10-2014, 11:09
Hi,

Wondered if anyone had a turntable lying around that I can buy / use for the youth cafe we have started in Stanley. I've donated the amp and speakers but the turntable was rubbish and we've had to bin it.

The cafe is open on a Friday at the minute and is free, we have a little bit of funding to do courses like event stewarding and stage craft etc, but trying to get them to do this instead of drinking lambrini in the park is a constant uphill struggle!

The young people have realised that they can get LPs etc for 10p from the local Red Cross shop and are quite enjoying it. Funds aren't great and we need something fairly sturdy - was thinking around the £30 mark?

The face book link is here - https://www.facebook.com/TheZoneYouthCafe?fref=ts

Thanks

Dave

Macca
01-10-2014, 11:45
Hi Dave

I have a Sony direct drive lying around. It is a budget turntable but in perfect working order and cosmetic condition and comes with a Sony stylus. If you want it you can have it for cost of postage. I will just need to check that it is still working although no reason why it won't be.

mad-moon
01-10-2014, 11:53
:thumbsup:
Hi Dave

I have a Sony direct drive lying around. It is a budget turntable but in perfect working order and cosmetic condition and comes with a Sony stylus. If you want it you can have it for cost of postage. I will just need to check that it is still working although no reason why it won't be.

Idlewithnodrive
01-10-2014, 13:26
:thumbsup:

+1

Nice thing to do.

Bigandbouncy
01-10-2014, 15:16
That's great Macca, thanks they will be over the moon. Let me know haw much and i'll paypal gift it over.

Dave

Macca
01-10-2014, 15:30
I'll ship it out to you Saturday, I won't know the exact cost until I do it so if you PM me your address I'll let you know what the damage is at the weekend. I'd guess around £15