PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Castle Conway II Speaker stands

Idlewithnodrive
25-09-2014, 15:44
Looking for some stands for my newly acquired Castle Conway II speaks. Grin inducingly good these :D

Anyway, the chance of finding some genuine ones are about as good as Camoron being PM next term, so looking for anything that will do the job really.

Preferably open framed.

Metal or wood, not fussed. Home made, not fussed.

Need to be about 30 cm's high, be able to support some pretty heavy speaks and with a top plate of 35 cm x 35 cm give or take.

Anybody got anything suitable ?

Thanks

synsei
25-09-2014, 16:55
Mike, I have a pair of Atacama SL400 stands which I will be letting go once I've found suitable stands for the Monitor Audio R852's I'm using now. They are 40cm tall however, would this be too tall for the Conways?

Idlewithnodrive
25-09-2014, 18:19
Mike, I have a pair of Atacama SL400 stands which I will be letting go once I've found suitable stands for the Monitor Audio R852's I'm using now. They are 40cm tall however, would this be too tall for the Conways?

They might well be OK Dave.

I'll have a measure up later tonight and see.

synsei
25-09-2014, 18:28
They might well be OK Dave.

I'll have a measure up later tonight and see.

I had the DM2's sat on them and they are huge too. The Atacama's are not in mint condition although they are far from scruffy, I'll take some pics tomorrow if you decide you want them :)

Idlewithnodrive
25-09-2014, 18:31
I had the DM2's sat on them and they are huge too. The Atacama's are not in mint condition although they are far from scruffy, I'll take some pics tomorrow if you decide you want them :)

If they're reasonably priced Dave, I'll take them.

flapland
27-09-2014, 10:05
I have some Heybrook point fives which are about 40cm high which you can have for free if your happy to collect from North London.