PDA

View Full Version : Please not again

The Barbarian
17-09-2014, 13:43
Ever hated a record or product because it's been spoken about way too much, record played way too much

a certain couple of audio products i detest because of this & likewise with records, the latter stems from my dislike for commercial music.

mr sneff
17-09-2014, 14:30
Can you elaborate, Andre?

MikeMusic
17-09-2014, 14:46
Capital Radio will oblige with the same crap again and again and again

synsei
17-09-2014, 15:05
Foreigner, Meatloaf, Def Leppard, The Fugees, all artists I can no longer entertain as I played their stuff to death in decades gone by and I now physically cringe when I hear their material. Just me perhaps... :eyebrows:

Macca
17-09-2014, 15:23
I recall getting sick of hearing Nirvana's 'Nevermind'. It was good but it just got played waaayyy too much by everyone. (Not Andre, obviously ;) ).

And that bloody James Blunt single. that was when I worked in an office that had a radio on all day. That's a double-edged sword.

shane
17-09-2014, 15:41
If you've ever called a call centre, you'll be familiar with the concept of hold music and it the very idea of it will doubtless bring with it a surge of animosity. Pity then those who, like myself, work in one of these places and are subjected to this peculiar type of torture for hours of the day when transferring calls to other departments. Over the last couple of months I've probably heard (I wouldn't say listened to) One Direction singing Georgia Rose about 1000 times. I wouldn't mind, but it eventually becomes an ear-worm. I hear it in my sleep....

Macca
17-09-2014, 15:53
One company I used to call had as their hold music the mice from 'Bagpuss' singing 'we will fix it'. Needless to say I always put this on speakerphone at full volume so the rest of the office could benefit too :)

synsei
17-09-2014, 16:28
One company I used to call had as their hold music the mice from 'Bagpuss' singing 'we will fix it'. Needless to say I always put this on speakerphone at full volume so the rest of the office could benefit too :)

You're a cruel man Martin... :lol:

Puffin
17-09-2014, 16:49
Radio2 playlist. The guy that chooses the playlists was on The One Show a few months ago. Mrs Puffin has the programme on and I ignore it as I think it is the most puerile shite out there. I did not listen to what he was saying so I have no idea what criteria he uses to select what he thinks we want to hear.

What I don't want to hear everyday of the year are :-

Baker St - Gerry Rafferty
The Pina Collada song - ?
Lovely Day - Bill Withers (NO it is not a f*cking luvvly day if I hear this ONE MORE TIME.....AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH)
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and The Waves
And a million other tunes played to death (which for some reason won't come to mind - either I have so effectively blocked them out of my mind and ears. or I have Alzheimers - more likely, the 2 glasses of Red I have had have had more effect than usual (by the way these are prescribed as pain killers by my GP:D)

THERE IS NEW MUSIC OUT THERE you twats! Open your minds and those of your listeners or are all radio stations paid royalties as well as the writers and artists?

I really must source a Magnum .44 for the next time I hear BW. Not for him - but for ME:eek:

prestonchipfryer
17-09-2014, 17:13
I'm with you with Lovely Day. I bloody well cannot stand it. Withers can't even f**king sing. Absolute crap, crap, crap, crappy crap. Lily the Pink by Scaffold. No, no, NO!

MikeMusic
18-09-2014, 08:49
I listen to Radio very rarely.
and I'm so glad, I love Bill Withers Lovely day

Tivo picks up some good programmes on't wireless

prestonchipfryer
18-09-2014, 10:31
I love Bill Withers Lovely day

:spew:

dantheman91
18-09-2014, 11:35
:spew:

What about Ain't No Sunshine that ones a corker :eyebrows:

Macca
18-09-2014, 11:37
In fairness to Katrina And The Waves, Katrina was fit.

Puffin
18-09-2014, 13:38

Oh yea, that's another one that has been played to DEATH:rolleyes:

prestonchipfryer
18-09-2014, 13:50

Drivel. :D

Wilbur
18-09-2014, 15:21
Sick of Bohemian Rhapsody,Money For Nothing,and American frigging Pie:steam::steam:

Macca
18-09-2014, 15:39
One of the most played records on any local station must be Bryan Adams 'Summer of '69'.

twotone
25-09-2014, 20:35
You lot should listen to Smooth Radio, think it has a playlist of about six songs most of which have been mentioned in this thread.

BTW, I like Bill Withers:ner:

I've been listening to a lot of internet radio this week after having bought a Denon network player and have to say there is some really fantastic radio stations out there, current favourites are Paradise Radio and Jukebox Radio and good old Jazz FM.

struth
25-09-2014, 20:57
Ive tried Jukebox and it is good.

RichB
25-09-2014, 21:22
I listen to Radio very rarely.
and I'm so glad, I love Bill Withers Lovely day

Tivo picks up some good programmes on't wireless

How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?

Put it in the oven til its Bill Withers

Tarzan
26-09-2014, 11:20
One that used to my head in was Eric Clapton's 'Layla'- the acoustic version- talk about going through the motions, elevator music at best. ( Unlike the original version.)