PDA

View Full Version : A job opportunity for a real music lover....

RichB
16-09-2014, 13:06
Thought this may be of interest to some folks on here:

We are looking for a part-time Music Librarian.

Part-Time Music Librarian (16 hours per week/£19,000 p.a. pro rata)

The Lit & Phil has one of the most extensive collections of music and related material in the North of England. The recorded music collection includes over 7,000 CDs and 10,000 LPs for loan, covering the classical, jazz and folk music repertoires. The printed music collection of over 5,000 items includes the complete works of the major composers and a wide selection of other works. Music related books and periodicals are also part of the collection. A varied programme of recitals and concerts is held at the Lit & Phil throughout the year.
The Lit & Phil is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced librarian to fill this post. A good knowledge of classical, jazz and folk music is essential, as is some experience of organising events.

Job Description
• Selecting, ordering and processing recorded and printed music
• Ongoing editing of MARC records of the printed music catalogue
• Cataloguing of printed and recorded music acquisitions
• Dealing with music related enquiries
• Organising and promoting the ongoing programme of concerts
• Managing a team of volunteers who assist with concerts and other activities as required
• Advising and working with the Music and Gramophone committee as necessary; preparing papers, minutes and reports
• Promoting the music library and collections in collaboration with the Society’s Marketing Manager
• Developing services for existing members as well as potential new members and user groups
To apply please send a CV with a covering letter to:

Kay Easson
Literary & Philosophical Society
23 Westgate Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 1SE
Alternatively, email Kay Easson: keasson@litandphil.org.uk

Closing date: Friday 3rd October 2014
Interviews will take place week beginning 13th October 2014

Jac Hawk
28-09-2014, 10:11
Not going for it yourself then rich:eyebrows:

RichB
29-09-2014, 22:10
Not going for it yourself then rich:eyebrows:

Hi Mike, long time no hear...

I'd bloody love to do this but like the rest of us wage slaves I need full time graft and after a shaky year or two on the work front I'm quite happy coasting along with this gig for now.

I am a Lit and Phil member and need to find more time to peruse their extensive collection.