PDA

View Full Version : Forum Page Widths.

DaveK
27-07-2009, 20:32
Can somone tell me why most forum thread posting pages show on my PC as the page width just fills the width of the screen whereas others seem to disappear off the right hand side for miles (well inches anyway).;)
Is the fault with my PC settings, the operating system of the forum or the PC settings of the poster concerned?
Any help anybody? - anybody else suffering similarly?
Cheers,

The Grand Wazoo
27-07-2009, 20:36
Can somone tell me why most forum thread posting pages show on my PC as the page width just fills the width of the screen whereas others seem to disappear off the right hand side for miles (well inches anyway).;)
Is the fault with my PC settings, the operating system of the forum or the PC settings of the poster concerned?
Any help anybody? - anybody else suffering similarly?
Cheers,

I think it's due to the oversizing of some photos, Dave.
If you put one up that's too big it throws the whole post/page out of whack.

Beechwoods
27-07-2009, 20:43
That's the thing...

DaveK
27-07-2009, 20:53
Thanks Guys,
In other words it's not my fault and everybody is suffering similarly, yes?
I know little about PCs and their operating system but from this lofty position of ignorance surely it's not difficult to limit the width of pics by automatically reformatting them to a page width maximum when the poster can't be arsed to do it for himself.
Anyway, no problem if my PC is not at fault - thanks again.
Cheers,

Beechwoods
27-07-2009, 20:59
No... it is the case that everyone is suffering likewise.

There are ways and means of forcing linked pictures to be presented as no larger than a certain width. It's definitely worth adding to my list of possible enhancements. My personal view is that oversize pics do mess up the presentation of pages and are best avoided - so it's a good one for the list.

The Grand Wazoo
27-07-2009, 21:05
No... it is the case that everyone is suffering likewise.

There are ways and means of forcing linked pictures to be presented as no larger than a certain width. It's definitely worth adding to my list of possible enhancements. My personal view is that oversize pics do mess up the presentation of pages and are best avoided - so it's a good one for the list.

I've been thinking this for a long time, but have been a little wary of offering comments on 'yer grafficals' - if you know wharr I mean guv'!!

Beechwoods
27-07-2009, 21:19
I think I do Mr Wazoo - our ability to please is only limited by what the software can do etc!

The Grand Wazoo
27-07-2009, 21:21
I think I do Mr Wazoo - our ability to please is only limited by what the software can do etc!

!!!

Mike
27-07-2009, 23:03
Ignore him... he's a Muppet! :doh:

Marco
28-07-2009, 07:15
Oi, leave Beechy alone or you'll get a dry slap across yer bare arse with one of Steve's pish catchers (the rough end, so you'll enjoy that)! :exactly:

Now be a good wee dafty and behave :pat:

:lol: :lol:

Marco.

Mike
28-07-2009, 09:22
Now be a good wee dafty and behave

Nope! :ner:

Marco
28-07-2009, 10:07
Hehehehe... S'no fun being good, is it? :eyebrows:

Marco.