PDA

View Full Version : The Old Guard or New Guard?

OldGuard77
06-09-2014, 00:18
Oldguard77. Finally assembled my first seperates system in 1977, but had a tuner and cassette deck before then (which is great because I made some classic recordings off John Peel, so timely!). With the seperates came the frustration with the bog standard japanese turntable and budget cartrige of the day, and many years of varying improvement via trial and error. It seems strange that all these years, and technologies, later there is another generation that are about to discover the joys and frustrations of vinyl playback. The one big difference now is that as a starting point, Project is a much better place to be than the budget decks of yesteryear, and a 2M Red is a much more competent cartridge than it's 70s equivalent - the FF15E. It may be that as classical figures highly alongside varying rock, even back in the late 70s, I am more demanding of vinyl playback. The vinyl and CD players are there to play whatever I throw at them. I do not do going for recordings that show my system off. The system is slave to the music! Controversial?

mr sneff
06-09-2014, 05:32
Hi Tony, welcome to AoS :) Controversial? I don't think so, for many of us the whole reason for a system is to play music! What music do you enjoy?

walpurgis
06-09-2014, 08:56
Welcome to AOS Tony.

Sounds like you've been using Hi-Fi quite a while.

What equipment are you using in your system now and are you planning any changes?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

tapid
08-09-2014, 13:18
Welcome to the show, hope you enjoy the forum

Macca
08-09-2014, 13:23
Welcome from me

Barry
09-09-2014, 18:08
Welcome to AoS Tony.