PDA

View Full Version : Valves For Sale - 6H8C /6SN7

Ninanina
02-09-2014, 01:08
I have 4 valves for sale

I know nothing about them so will sell them as 'sold as seen', but the chances are they are all perfectly ok

There are marked 6H8C/IV-79 OTK which I think makes them Russian. I believe these are also called 6SN7 valves but don't take my word for it!

Make any reasonable offer, above £12, for the 4 of them

Payment by Paypal, Gift, please

Please allow £6 for postage and packaging as they are in plastic tubing for safe keeping and that adds to the weight a bit...

jandl100
02-09-2014, 07:02
very very nice valves - quite remarkable for the price. :thumbsup:

-- but I think you'll find they cost £2.80 to post as a "small packet", 2nd class. ;)

Ninanina
02-09-2014, 21:47
very very nice valves - quite remarkable for the price. :thumbsup:

-- but I think you'll find they cost £2.80 to post as a "small packet", 2nd class. ;)

I was not quoting 2nd class Jerry, I was quoting 1st class with a 'signed-for' service...

I HATE sending things out which are not properly priced up for a decent postage service... this comes from experience believe me... ;)

Ninanina
02-09-2014, 22:03
As Jerry said.... these are a complete bargain

No reasonable offer dismissed...

They are just cluttering up the front room and I have no need for them anymore

However, I will NOT skimp on postage, as in my experience it's not worth it...

Marco
02-09-2014, 22:03
Indeed. IMO, second-class postage is only fit for sending Christmas cards!

I wouldn’t dream of sending anything genuinely worthwhile via piss-poor second-class post, and unless you’re a really tight-arsed buyer, you’ll not mind paying a measly few quid more for the privilege of receiving the item sometime before the end of the next leap year!! ;)

Nice valves, btw. I’ve used ones like those many times myself.

Marco.

Ninanina
02-09-2014, 22:11
Indeed. IMO, second-class postage is only fit for sending Christmas cards!

I wouldn’t dream of sending anything genuinely worthwhile via piss-poor second-class post, and unless you’re a really tight-arsed buyer, you’ll not mind paying a measly few quid more for the privilege of receiving the item sometime before the end of the next leap year!! ;)

Nice valves, btw. I’ve used ones like those many times myself.

Marco.

Thanks for your comments Marco....

To be honest I am amazed that no one has taken me up on these super value valves...

Old boy
03-09-2014, 16:16
As Jerry said.... these are a complete bargain

No reasonable offer dismissed...

They are just cluttering up the front room and I have no need for them anymore

However, I will NOT skimp on postage, as in my experience it's not worth it...

I don't blame you insisting on 1st class postage,I've completely given up selling valves on eBay now simply because buyers keep wingeing about my shipping cost,I like you insist on first class recorded delivery.
Quite why people think nothing of spending £100+ on a nice pair of TELEFUNKEN ECC88's for instance and then want them shipped cheapo postage to save £3 .....bonkers.

Ninanina
03-09-2014, 18:05
I don't blame you insisting on 1st class postage,I've completely given up selling valves on eBay now simply because buyers keep wingeing about my shipping cost,I like you insist on first class recorded delivery.
Quite why people think nothing of spending £100+ on a nice pair of TELEFUNKEN ECC88's for instance and then want them shipped cheapo postage to save £3 .....bonkers.
Hi Ted
Yes I totally agree with you on the postage front... people always want the cheapest postage but I just won't do that...

At a minimum I will post 1st Class Signed For service, and if it's of value I post Special Delivery by 1pm service which gives £500 compensation and is fully tracked and signed for, that post is handled completely differently than other post and it's much safer for both parties

Marco
03-09-2014, 20:20

It's a joke, isn't it? How folk can be so bloody tight-fisted always amazes me, but not in a good way... Get yer bloody wallets out and stop acting like misers, is my advice!

I also applaud Bev for upholding her standards. I do the same whenever shipping stuff I've sold, because when someone has paid me money for something, I consider it my duty to provide good service and ensure (as far as possible) that what they've bought gets to them in one piece and within an acceptable timescale.

Marco.

Old boy
03-09-2014, 20:49
Hi Ted
Yes I totally agree with you on the postage front... people always want the cheapest postage but I just won't do that...

At a minimum I will post 1st Class Signed For service, and if it's of value I post Special Delivery by 1pm service which gives £500 compensation and is fully tracked and signed for, that post is handled completely differently than other post and it's much safer for both parties

Fwiw there really is no point paying extra for insurance cover when shipping valves regardless of how valuable they are,if you check the T @ C's all the major carriers won't cover "glass" items period
At least insisting on next day delivery means handling by the staff is kept to a minimum.

awkwardbydesign
03-09-2014, 20:59
At least insisting on next day delivery means handling by the staff is kept to a minimum.
Hah! Doesn't that just mean they throw them harder?

Ninanina
03-09-2014, 21:05
Hah! Doesn't that just mean they throw them harder?

Nice one Richard..... :lol::lol:

Seriously though is nobody interested in these valves....??

Ninanina
03-09-2014, 22:54
Come on people I am just after an offer over £12 for all 4 valves plus a little bit of postage...

If these are not taken in the next week or so they are in the bin.... now that would be a shame...

Ninanina
03-09-2014, 22:59
I think these might have been taken... I'll keep you posted

walpurgis
03-09-2014, 23:00
Never mind Bev, just do what I do and give them an occasional 'bump' until you get fed up and then bung them on Gumtree and eBay.

How's the bike by the way?

Ninanina
03-09-2014, 23:06
Never mind Bev, just do what I do and give them an occasional 'bump' until you get fed up and then bung them on Gumtree and eBay.

How's the bike by the way?

Geoff.... I think they may well be sold now...

Bike is quite superb

For such a little bike, only 250, it's pretty quick and enough for what I want at the moment while I am re-learning my bike skills.. I'm very rusty...:D

walpurgis
03-09-2014, 23:11
Geoff.... I think they may well be sold now...

Bike is quite superb

For such a little bike, only 250, it's pretty quick and enough for what I want at the moment while I am re-learning my bike skills.. I'm very rusty...:D

Better get the wire wool out! :D

Ninanina
03-09-2014, 23:15
Better get the wire wool out! :D

Well Geoff I spent a couple of hours on the Rebel the other afternoon/night and to be fair she now shines like a good ' n... the wheels, exhaust and chrome crash bars have come up like new... and the red paint work is looking dandy......I knew there was a good bike underneath the muck.... now she looks very good indeed.. and bare in mind she is 14 years old... typical Honda build I think...

Ninanina
04-09-2014, 01:54
Still available... ;)

Old boy
04-09-2014, 08:20
Hi just a thought,do you fancy swapping these for a couple of nice 6922 6DJ8 variants to try in your oto ?

Ninanina
04-09-2014, 18:20
Now SOLD

Thanks for the interest