PDA

View Full Version : Rothwell SUTs

prestonchipfryer
25-08-2014, 14:11
I am contemplating using a SUT to go with a Lyra Dorian. Would the Rothwell MCL be suitable or any other suggestions. Phono stage is a Dynavector P1. Or should I upgrade the phono stage first?

chris@panteg
25-08-2014, 18:34
Try an SUT, I bought the Puresound T10 and love it, works superbly with my AT33EV.

PaulStewart
27-08-2014, 18:45
Hi John,

I have had a Rothwell MCL for a while, I was going to replace it with a Koetsu SUT to match my Rosewood Signature, but sadly it did not survive the Royal Mail and had to be sent back :steam:

The only problem I have found with the MCL is that at 30:1 even though the R'wood sig is by no means high output it can overload the input of some MM phono inputs. i understand that the MCX is 20:1 and won't do this but of course this depends on the output pf the cartridge. However, the MCL is superbly detailed and presents a good load for my cart to drive. The soloution I tried was to buy the Rothwell 10dB attenuators (big thanks to Audio Al) and put those on the MM input to load the SUT's secondary. I have to say this sounds superb, detailed, dynamic and really fluid and lucid.

prestonchipfryer
27-08-2014, 18:55
The soloution I tried was to buy the Rothwell 10dB attenuators (big thanks to Audio Al) and put those on the MM input to load the SUT's secondary. I have to say this sounds superb, detailed, dynamic and really fluid and lucid.

Well I have 2 pairs of the Rothwell -10db attenuators, so the MCL/MCX is food for thought, and may well be suitable for me. The Dynavector P75 I am using has a phono enhancer for MC carts, but I'm not totally convinced by its merit. That is why I have thought of a Rothwell SUT into the P75. I think I will give it a try.