PDA

View Full Version : Call for new participants to Round 3 of the Album Club

Album Club
19-08-2014, 16:50
Good afternoon everyone,

Now that we have successfully completed Round 2 of the Album Club, this is a call for anyone who would like to participate in the next new round.

Those of you who have participated in the past will know the rules but for new members, or for those who would like to participate for the first time, the rules are quite simple. They are:

[1] Choose an artist and title.

[2] Provide an image of the cover artwork. Images can be easily obtained from Amazon.

[3] Explain why you have chosen it: why you like it. You can write as much or as little as you wish, but a little on the background of the artist/album is always helpful. As is picking out any specific track(s) that you find are particularly worthy of mention.

[4] Provide any links to YouTube, Spotify, or Grooveshark examples of your chosen album. (It is most important that you do this for yourself: please don’t expect the Album Club to do this for you.)

[5] Provide a link to any Wikipedia entry pertinent to your chosen album, if any exist.

That’s it – send your name and the name of your proposed album to the Album Club as PM and we will do the rest as well as adding a poll. If you want to see an example of what we like to see, just look at any of the past submissions to the Album Club. We will notify you a month in advance of you turn, to give you plenty of time to prepare your submission.

To avoid any repetition, previous submissions have been listed here (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?23704-Alphabetical-List-of-Previous-Album-Club-Selections). (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?23704-Alphabetical-List-of-Previous-Album-Club-Selections)

Along with the ‘Spinning Today’ thread, the Album Club is a very good way of spreading the news about your favourite albums, as well as introducing them to other Members who may not have heard them. Be adventurous; we love the unusual, the different, so no musical genre need be exempt: rock; pop; jazz, rhythm and blues, folk; world; or classical (or anything else for that matter).

What we are looking for is a list of at least six, preferably twelve, Members who would like to participate in the next round. Send your name to the Album Club by the end of this month (August), when the list of participants will be posted. Submissions will appear in the same order as volunteers.

For the next round, the Album Club will appear on a monthly timetable, rather than a weekly timetable. This has been done for a number of reasons: it gives participants more time to prepare their submissions; it helps us if for some reason the next person in the round has to drop out and cannot supply a submission; and it gives the rest of members more time to listen to the album choice and reply/vote.

So if all this hasn’t put you off we would love you to join in. We hope to start the next round of the Album Club at the beginning of next month (September).

See you then ….

Album Club
26-08-2014, 23:55
Well so far we have four members who are willing to contribute to Round 3 of the Album Club.

They are:

Barry
Audio Al
Mr Sneff
highspirits.

We would like a couple more to participate and join the rota, so we can kick off Round 4 next month. I'm sure there are a few more members who would be willing to have a go and give it a try.

Please send me your name by a PM; you don't at this stage need to have thought of an album choice.

Thank you

Audio Al
28-08-2014, 19:24
Come on PEOPLE !

No entry fee , No prizes , just good fun :D

Stick your favorite Album up for judging ;)

My next one is a blinder , well I think it is , will you agree :ner:

Mika K
28-08-2014, 19:47
I'll join during the weekend when have time to look into it :)

Tarzan
28-08-2014, 19:50
Come on PEOPLE !

No entry fee , No prizes , just good fun :D

Stick your favorite Album up for judging ;)

My next one is a blinder , well I think it is , will you agree :ner:

Dear Lord what g-----e will that be?

:ner:

Audio Al
28-08-2014, 19:53
I'll give you a clue

You THANKED me for introducing you to the album :ner:

Keep quiet now please , no spoiling the party :D

Album Club
01-09-2014, 12:42
There are two more members who are going to participate in Round 3 of the Album Club.

They are Barry (Bazil) and Mika (MikaK). We now have the minimum of six participants, so the running order will be:

September - Barry
October - Audio Al
November - Mr Sneff
December - highspirits
January - Bazil
February - MikaK

The first submission will be posted shortly.

Audio Al
04-09-2014, 15:21
Roll up roll up , come on you people :)

Only 6 entry's so far on a forum that has 9,756 members :scratch:

YOUR music choice cant be that bad ? , CAN IT :lol:

Bazil
01-01-2015, 17:48
There are two more members who are going to participate in Round 3 of the Album Club.

They are Barry (Bazil) and Mika (MikaK). We now have the minimum of six participants, so the running order will be:

September - Barry
October - Audio Al
November - Mr Sneff
December - highspirits
January - Bazil
February - MikaK

The first submission will be posted shortly.

Thought it was my go this month :scratch:

Mika K
01-01-2015, 18:26
You can take the February and I'll roll over to March if that is ok for the grandmaster and his plans.. :)

Bazil
01-01-2015, 18:34
You can take the February and I'll roll over to March if that is ok for the grandmaster and his plans.. :)

There must be another rota, :confused:

Album Club
07-01-2015, 23:32
Hello Barry,

There seems to have been a bit of a mix up - sorry, entirely my fault. The rota for 2015 is now as follows:

January - johnB

February - Bazil

March - Mika K

April - ruleof72

May - Mr Sneff

Again apologies for the confusion.