PDA

View Full Version : Transcription Audio 45W battery power amp

Volante
15-08-2014, 10:29
I am clearing some space and having a surplus of amps I am selling this great battery powered amp which I bought a while back from another wammer. It has only been used in a second system and I have enjoyed using it with high sensitivity speakers and my Tannoy Monitors.
Here is the description from the previous owner:

"A joint-project between Transcription Audio and AudioFlair, it was hand-built with top notch components. Wired with flat silver in ptfe sleeving, custom made paper in oil input capacitors, four of the best Sonnenschein batteries and Audio Note silver connectors. Tweaked to give more depth and tighter bass. It is unusual in not using Digital modules, running in Class A/B. Build quality is bomb-proof but I don't recommend putting a grenade under it ...

The sound is exceptionally natural and detailed. When I first started using the amp I was immediately aware of that almost inky black silence behind the music that only battery amps will give you. It is an incredibly versatile performer which will handle any genre of music - it would have to be to handle my staple diet of classical and 70's rock!

To get the very best out of this amp I strongly recommend using high sensitivity speakers. Difficult to put a figure on it, but upwards of 90db will really make this baby sing. I once heard this amp with a pair of Audio Note AN-E's and have never heard Led Zep sounding so good and "in the room"!!"

I am looking for £800.

The amp is heavy so I would prefer collection from S.W. London or West Sussex, or I can meet about one hour's driving from either location. If someone wants it posted I am prepared to discuss the best way of doing so. Please PM if interested. Thanks

Volante
15-08-2014, 10:32
Mods, I don't know why the four pics have been duplicated. Only four pics should be attached - please can you modify. I have tried to remove the extra pics in the edit section without success. Thanks

Spectral Morn
15-08-2014, 11:52
Mods, I don't know why the four pics have been duplicated. Only four pics should be attached - please can you modify. I have tried to remove the extra pics in the edit section without success. Thanks

Done

Volante
15-08-2014, 11:55
many thanks, neil

Spectral Morn
15-08-2014, 13:02
many thanks, neil

No worries good luck with the sale.