PDA

View Full Version : Getting the best from Diablos

johnandvirginia
15-08-2014, 09:17
My recent purchase of a Tom Evans Vibe + Pulse has proved really successful. So much so that I would like to consider changing my Plinius P10 power amp for the Tom Evans Linear A. Would a problem arise with my speakers, Focal Diablos, which seem to need careful matching. Does anyone have any experience of the Linear A? Would 25w A class get the best our of the Diablos? First heard the Diablos with the Vitus SS 010 - only 25w but sounded amazing. Thanks for any help.

trio leo
15-08-2014, 10:01
Hello John,
I'm sure I recently read an article called "Works of Art" by the AudioWorks in Cheadle (they will send you a copy) that listed 3 systems and IIRC the top system in that article is the Diablo's driven by Albarry M1108 Mono-bloc amps.

I've heard that when I've visited the shop and they drive the D's beautifully.

enjoy your music :)

regards Al

johnandvirginia
15-08-2014, 17:04
Thanks for that, Al. Sounds great. The trouble with choosing a new amp is that you really need a home demo - not always easyis it?

hifinutt
16-08-2014, 18:34
I would thoroughly advocate the msb s200 power amp , I have used it with the vibe a great deal and have had diablos as you know and it would sound awesome . they are 6.5k s/h
if not then a modwright power amp may be just the ticket and I am sure BD audio will sort you a demo

johnandvirginia
17-08-2014, 12:56
Thanks Phil. Appreciate your comments.