PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Pure Audio BluRays?

Clive197
14-08-2014, 11:17
After the initial announcement and subsequent release of the 1st batch.......virtually nothing.

I have three, they are great and I would like to buy some more....but!

Clive

struth
14-08-2014, 12:32
Universal music sell them.

store.universal-music.co.uk/euro/artists/pure-audio/icat/pureaudio

Spectral Morn
14-08-2014, 13:36
I have seen a few, kicking around my local record shops but I have no major interest in them as I keep my home cinema and HiFi separate.

I don't doubt that they sound very good as I listen to earlier hi res physical media in the form of SACD and DVD A, the latter only recently because I now have a DAC that will decode DVDA. I use a Toshiba 9500 as transport but its on its own mains supply as video gear can interfere with other audio equipment and that is why I personally won't go down this route as it requires too much integration.

I suspect this won't fly because physical media is not were most people in the wider consumer base are thinking, download and streaming is where things are rolling now :(

My advice if you like these is buy now and buy as many as you can because a few years down the line they will be gone, like DVDA is for the most part.

Regards Neil

daytona600
14-08-2014, 23:14
new ones out every week seem to be about 700 titles listed

Clive197
15-08-2014, 16:23
700 where? I can only find about 50. I am well aware that Universal sell them, that's were I found the fifty which is probably were Amazon get their's

roob
16-08-2014, 17:02
700 TITLES!!! I wish, there are 48 on the Universal site plus a few on Burning Shed.
I recommend Modern Cool by Patricia Barber which is stunning others I have and highly recommend
Sea Change-Beck
Close to the Edge and the Yes Album Steven Wilson mixes from Burning Shed https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/collection/494/
Tommy- The Who.
Grrr by the Stones also good but the format does show up the SQ of the early stuff.
Not so good Legends-Bob Marley, sounds bloated and overblown for some reason.

daytona600
17-08-2014, 09:03
74 new titles in sept & oct

Spectral Morn
17-08-2014, 09:24
new ones out every week seem to be about 700 titles listed

Scott, Andrew and Clive have asked where ? Is it a trade secret ;) If not a link to where these 700 titles are would be nice and within the spirit of folks on AOS helping each other out.

Regards Neil

daytona600
18-08-2014, 15:10
sorry can,t give you a link neil
only stock vinyl & sacds , but can order blu ray audios if required

Clive197
19-08-2014, 13:12
sorry can,t give you a link neil
only stock vinyl & sacds , but can order blu ray audios if required

If you only stock vinyl and SACD, what harm to you in giving us details of the 700 odd Pure Audio BluRays you claim to have knowledge of. Methinks your trying to wind us up:ner:

roob
19-08-2014, 13:17
A quick bit of Googling reveals that there are about 100 titles as of May 2014 so we need to find the whereabouts of the remaining 600:rolleyes:

PaulStewart
19-08-2014, 13:59
As some will know I write reviews for express.co.uk the Daily Express website, I thought I got to know about most of these and I've not seen a list of 700 titles. Universals PR people send me Pure Audio as they know I'm one of the few reviews with the kit to play them :) My fav was at the format launch when they sent mr the Velvet Underground's White Light/White Heat to demonstrate the quality and nuances of the system. As I said to them at the time, "You do know this is famous for being a really grungy garage recording, don't you"? They didn't, in fact I don't think Jocasta Double Barrow who sounds about 12 had ever heard of the Velvets :lol: The Blu Ray was almost as grungy as the vinyl though :)

Macca
19-08-2014, 15:28
I don't think Jocasta Double Barrow who sounds about 12 had ever heard of the Velvets :lol: The Blu Ray was almost as grungy as the vinyl though :)

Jocasta Double Barrow? That's never his real name. Is it?

PaulStewart
19-08-2014, 16:29
This is a true story.... Only the names are changed to protect the guilty :laugh:

Spectral Morn
19-08-2014, 17:52
If you only stock vinyl and SACD, what harm to you in giving us details of the 700 odd Pure Audio BluRays you claim to have knowledge of. Methinks your trying to wind us up:ner:

I think its a poor show to mention something then not be able to provide further info :scratch: Over to you Scott.

Regards Neil

Spectral Morn
19-08-2014, 17:56
This is a true story.... Only the names are changed to protect the guilty :laugh:

I working in a record shop for awhile and a particularly smart ass rep would bum and blow about his knowledge of all things music. What do you think of Bela Fleck he was asked. Oh she is brilliant, got all of her albums, wonderful singer was the reply. I looked at Terry and he at me and we said nothing - what a plank.

Regards Neil

daytona600
19-08-2014, 19:02
neil just a reply to the question what happened to all the blue ray audio discs

http://www.sa-cd.net/titles/0/0/date/5/1

285 titles listed on www.sa-cd.net , actually a lot more titles

walpurgis
19-08-2014, 19:51
What do you think of Bela Fleck he was asked. Regards Neil

So what's wrong with her music? :D

struth
19-08-2014, 21:29