PDA

View Full Version : 5 Element FM Aerial - Free to collector

Labarum
22-07-2009, 10:08
I have a 5 Element FM Antenna in my garage complete with mast and chimney stack fittings.

If anyone wants to collect it from Warminster on the Wiltshire/Somerset border they can have it for nothing.

The aerial was used on outside on one military quarter for less than a year then used in a loft, so it's condition is excellent.

Anyone interested? PM me.

The Grand Wazoo
22-07-2009, 17:28
I have a 5 Element FM Antenna in my garage complete with mast and chimney stack fittings.

If anyone wants to collect it from Warminster on the Wiltshire/Somerset border they can have it for nothing.

The aerial was used on outside on one military quarter for less than a year then used in a loft, so it's condition is excellent.

Anyone interested? PM me.

Sorely tempted - I'll be needing another aerial soon, as I'm moving to a new house but I want to keep my existing aerial attached. But you're just too far away & the cost of the journey would probably pay for a new aerial - oh well, I'm sure someone else will be able to make good use of it.

............Or should I Google the cost of packaging designed for mailing snakes?

Labarum
22-07-2009, 18:22
Sorely tempted - But you're just too far away & the cost of the journey would probably pay for a new aerial

Yes! Four or five hours each way!

I bought the antenna from Maplin, but a local aerial man provided the pole.

joethebus
19-08-2009, 21:41
I have often wondered whether a proper FM aerial would work better than the series of ever more elaborate lash-ups I have been using over the years.

And I live not at all far away from Warminster on the Zummerset/Darset border a little west of Shaftesbury.

Is it still available?

Joe

StanleyB
19-08-2009, 22:05
Yes! Four or five hours each way!

I bought the antenna from Maplin, but a local aerial man provided the pole.
Maplin you said? I it was one from Philex, then it is probably one I worked on a few years back. I designed quite a few ground breaking aerial amps and aerials in the late 90's to early part of this decade. The variable aerial amp gain on the domestic aerial amps is actually one of my inventions that I did not patent... The company I worked for, made and has been making a nice little earner with it though.

Labarum
20-08-2009, 04:30
I have often wondered whether a proper FM aerial would work better than the series of ever more elaborate lash-ups I have been using over the years.

And I live not at all far away from Warminster on the Zummerset/Darset border a little west of Shaftesbury.

Is it still available?

Joe

Yes. Still available. PM sent.

And if you come to collect you can hear my Caiman

When's the next batch in, Stan?

Labarum
22-08-2009, 13:14
The FM antenna now has a new home.

That pleases me. It would have been sad if I had ended up throwing it in a skip.