PDA

View Full Version : StreamX v SBT v PC

john dolan
05-08-2014, 13:52
Been bored today so have done some comparisons.

Last day or so have been comparing my Windows PC with jriver into my Young dac to my SBT with linear psu both playing the same music files and the PC is darker and fuller sounding.

When ive compared the PC to my StreamX mk1 the PC just edged it with its slightly weightier sound but its a close run thing.

The buyer of my Cyrus kit hasn't got back to me for a few days so I unboxed the StreamX and compared it to the SBT that ive been running for the last few days and cold straight from the box it sounds better than the SBT.

The comparison is like adding a psxr to a Cyrus amp so just goes to show not all streamers sound the same and bits are just bits and does make me wonder how much better a Signature upgrade would be.

struth
05-08-2014, 14:12
You should try Stan,s new async1 streamer out of the PC. Its beat all the streamers and USB DACs I've, tried so far...might add I think its one of the cheapest as well

john dolan
05-08-2014, 14:33
You should try Stan,s new async1 streamer out of the PC. Its beat all the streamers and USB DACs I've, tried so far...might add I think its one of the cheapest as well

Thanks for the heads up do you have any link of more info in this please.

john dolan
05-08-2014, 14:44
PC goes USB out into ifi iusb into usb on the Young dac with palmer batter psu.

Cyrus StreamX cost £1000 and is fed by wired Ethernet from Synology nas.

struth
05-08-2014, 14:45
There is a thread here..theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?33385-Beresford-ASYNCH-1-USB-CONVERTER

Or on stans website which you'll find under his name in his posts John

john dolan
05-08-2014, 14:49
Thank you ill check it out.

john dolan
05-08-2014, 15:08
Here is my dac

http://www.stereophile.com/content/m2tech-young-da-processor-amp-palmer-power-station-battery-power-supply

up to 384kHz via USB

struth
05-08-2014, 15:19
very nice dac's these youngs.......way out of my league, but I did have an m2 tech highface dac as a streamer for a while. it was very good but my current etup of the beresford into the Audio Note zero leaves it dead in the water .....at the price, the async1 worth a shot. think it only goes up to 192 although I only use standard flac files, and they are way good enough for me.

brian2957
05-08-2014, 15:52
+1 for Stans Asynch-1 . It's a fantastic little USB to coax converter .