PDA

View Full Version : Would love some feedback

PJH
04-08-2014, 14:00
Hi everyone,

I joined this forum initially to try and get some assistance with my speakers. I have a Pair of Goodmans Magnum Ks which go back to 1969. I've since been able to sort them out but then looking through the site I thought that I'd post a track of my own in order to gain some feedback.

I know that this is a Hi Fi forum so it would be interesting to get some thoughts on one of my own productions.

I record mainly instrumental music along the lines of bands like Camel and The Alan Parsons Project.

I'd like to share a video that I've just uploaded which is the title track of my second solo album entitled "living for the Moment". It was filmed during the recording and is a type of "making of" video. It was filmed and edited in HD.

I'm not sure if posting a track of one's own is even allowed on this forum but if not I do apologise and will remove the post immediately.

Cheers,

Peter.

jdVnL-CxtJ8

synsei
04-08-2014, 14:17
I really enjoyed that Peter, it sounded particularly good through the system. :D

PJH
04-08-2014, 14:31
I really enjoyed that Peter, it sounded particularly good through the system. :D

Thanks so much for commenting and for watching synsei. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it.

I do have proper studio monitors which I mix on but I still use my trusted old Goodmans for reference. I grew up listening to those speakers and because I know them so well I trust the sound completely.

Cheers,

Peter.

synsei
04-08-2014, 14:37
There is a lot of love for the Maxims here Peter. I own a pair of B&W DM2's which hail from same era and they are an amazingly transparent sounding speaker. They knew how to build 'em back then ;)

struth
04-08-2014, 14:56
Super track Peter..enjoyed that, and an excellent video. I watched on my tablet . will give it another spin tonight on the PC.

mr sneff
04-08-2014, 15:48
Hi Peter, it sounded good to me, well recorded and mixed. Do you go to a studio or do you have your own facilities?

Barry
04-08-2014, 16:46
Excellent - I really enjoyed that Peter. :)

Which one of the band are you?

PJH
04-08-2014, 17:25
Thanks so much for all the feedback everyone.

I'm really glad that you all enjoyed the song. It's really good to know that it seems to translate well on decent systems.

@Mr Sneff, the studio is mine (I built it onto my house) if you go to www.foxglovestudios.co.za you can have a look.

@Barry, I'm the gtr, bass and keyboard player. The drummer is a friend of mine (Larry Rose) and we put the album together and did all the filming for the videos. I'm in the process of finishing a "making of" DVD covering the recording and songwriting processes.

It's so refreshing to be in the company of people who still believe that music should be enjoyed on decent systems instead of resorting to the iPod brigade.

The album actually sounds even better on the cd itself. It kills me to have to provide the alternative on mp3. If I had the cash I'd make my albums available on vinyl too.

My other website is www.peterhanmer.co.za if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Peter.

synsei
04-08-2014, 17:44
I've just listened to Blues Parade Peter and it is a wonderful track, what a fabulous production too. Loving your guitar collection as well mate, we treasure musicians on this forum as we are all about the music here :)

PJH
04-08-2014, 17:58
I've just listened to Blues Parade Peter and it is a wonderful track, what a fabulous production too. Loving your guitar collection as well mate, we treasure musicians on this forum as we are all about the music here :)

Thanks, Dave.

As I said in my earlier post, the cd does sound better than the compressed Youtube audio.

I do agree with your earlier comment about "they knew how to build 'em back then".

Cheers,

Peter.

Spectral Morn
04-08-2014, 19:23
Very nice, right up my street it reminded me of the albums the label MMC used to put out back in the mid to late 80's, jazz, rock fusion - prog, but your music is a wee bit heavier.

Looked on Amazon and your music isn't there. Hate to say it but selling via Amazon would give you more exposure and sales.

Regards Neil

PJH
04-08-2014, 19:44
Very nice, right up my street it reminded me of the albums the label MMC used to put out back in the mid to late 80's, jazz, rock fusion - prog, but your music is a wee bit heavier.

Looked on Amazon and your music isn't there. Hate to say it but selling via Amazon would give you more exposure and sales.

Regards Neil

Hi Neil,

My music is most certainly available on Amazon, iTunes and CD Baby.

http://www.amazon.com/Living-Moment-Peter-Hanmer/dp/B00CIC96RQ

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/peterhanmer

Thanks for your comments on the music.

Much appreciated,

Cheers,

Peter.

PJH
05-08-2014, 09:39
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/FoxgloveStudios/LFTMPic1.jpg

Hi Grant,

Your CD was dispatched this morning and I've sent you the tracking number.

Hope you enjoy and thanks so much for the support.

Cheers,

Peter.

keiths
06-08-2014, 11:48
Great track Peter, I really enjoyed it and have just bought the FLAC album download from CDBaby.

MikeMusic
06-08-2014, 13:14
Good stuff Peter

Thanks for posting

Reminds me of Satriani and possibly others. You're in the right area !

Like it

PJH
06-08-2014, 13:29
Great track Peter, I really enjoyed it and have just bought the FLAC album download from CDBaby.

Hi Keith,

Thanks so much for your comments and for your support in buying the album.

It's really appreciated and I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks also to Mike for your kind comment.

Cheers,

Peter.

struth
13-08-2014, 10:39
Hi peter, just to say your CD arrived today. Cheers, I'll get a listen this afternoon hopefully

PJH
13-08-2014, 11:20
Hi peter, just to say your CD arrived today. Cheers, I'll get a listen this afternoon hopefully

That's excellent news!

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Peter.