PDA

View Full Version : help with squeezebox classic

skimminstones
30-07-2014, 19:31
Would anyone know why my squeezebox classic wakes itself up every now and then? The computer with the media server on is turned off and in another room but every now and then the squeezebox will wake up, try to connect, give a message about unable to connect to server then turn off again.

It works perfectly fine, its just this little thing is bugging me as to why its doing it now.

Stratmangler
30-07-2014, 20:01
What level LMS are you using?

WAD62
31-07-2014, 10:36
Are you connected to your router via WiFi, or cable?

It could be loosing network connectivity...

skimminstones
31-07-2014, 18:18
What level LMS are you using?

whichever is the most recently updated one, havent got the computer turned on at the moment but is it 7.5? cant remember but definitely the most recent one

Are you connected to your router via WiFi, or cable?

It could be loosing network connectivity...

its connected via wifi. Thing is there are plenty if times i have music playing for 8-12 hours at a time and it never once loses connectivity, why would it be doing so when not in use?

Stratmangler
31-07-2014, 19:49
Could it be trying to connect to www.mysqueezebox.com to try and report stats or look for firmware updates?
Do you generally run via LMS or do you connect via www.mysqueezebox.com?

NRG
31-07-2014, 22:07
Chris, you might be onto something there, I have an SB MK II in the office that does the same as the OPs Classic....

Stratmangler
31-07-2014, 22:27
I still have a SB3 here - it was replaced with a Touch because of my running a low powered NAS, and LMS on the NAS doesn't resample files down to 24/48000 in my case.
I might stick it (the SB3) back on the network and see what it does ....

The only thing is my NAS is running 7.7.1 and it might not cause the SB3 to do the same thing.

skimminstones
02-08-2014, 17:12
ive just checked and im running LMS 7.7.3

Not sure how to check if its trying to connect to mysqueezebox or not, ill have a play.