PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone.

jonh
17-07-2014, 20:01
Just heard about this Forum today , thought I would sign up and so here I am !
My music tastes are very varied , anything from Pink Floyd to Arcade Fire , from Delius to Elgar , from James Taylor to Mary Black, from Paul Simon to Ian Dury.
I have been a hifi addict since 1973 and have lost count of the numerous amps. speakers, turntables and Cd players that I have bought and sold in that time.
Currently my equipment list consists of SRM Arezzo Turntable with Rega arm and Goldring cartridge, a Beard P35 valve power amp. a Unison Research valve pre amp., a Sugden Musicmaster class A power amp. a Cary valve pre amp., Impulse Lali speakers , System Audio Mantra 60 speakers, a pair of Harbeth P3ESR speakers and my most recent acquisition is a Triode TRV 845SE valve integrated amp. Far too much equipment I know and not all of it being used, therefore one or two items may well pop up for sale in the not too distant future! I suppose I am a valve lover at heart but have owned many SS amp. over the years and have fluctuated between the two many times. Listening to good music on a good system has been my number 1 hobby for over 40 years now but I have to own up and admit to being an avid box swapper !

walpurgis
17-07-2014, 20:57
Hi Jonathan, welcome to AOS.

Your tastes in music are not too different to mine and it looks as though you've been messing about with Hi-Fi about as long as me too.

Interesting selection of gear you have there.

Enjoy the forum!

jollyfix
17-07-2014, 21:01
Hi Jonathan, welcome to AOS.

jonh
17-07-2014, 22:05
Many thanks to Geoff and Dave for the welcome. Very kind of you gents. I am sure that I will enjoy the Forum.

walpurgis
17-07-2014, 22:59
Many thanks to Geoff and Dave for the welcome. Very kind of you gents. I am sure that I will enjoy the Forum.

You are welcome Jonathan. I'm a bit of a hoarder too, what are your future plans for the system?

Barry
17-07-2014, 23:55
Welcome to AoS Jonathan.

Don't worry about being a bit of a hoarder - you are not alone! And a box swapper too. Again, you are in good company here. :)

Enjoy the Forum.