PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Acoustics

mr sneff
13-07-2014, 08:09
Has anybody built a pair of the Falcon Acoustics LS3/5a style mini-monitors (http://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/ls3-5a/falcon-ls35a-mini-monitor/falcon-mini-monitor-complete-kit.html)? How do they compare to genuine LS3/5as?

Oldpinkman
01-10-2014, 10:27
Just been speaking to Andrew Watson, formerly of Kef - co-author of its history. These have not yet seen the light of day, but are due any day now. According to Andrew they should be utterly indistinguishable from vintage originals, since the drivers are being made to original spec by the people who were involved with the original units - so know exactly how the drivers were built and what machines were used.

Of course, LS35a's being the icons they are, there will be loads of folk who cling to the vintage models as sounding better. But these are the real deal - not "equivalents". :cool:

Martyn Miles
01-10-2014, 13:14
Are we talking about the new Falcon Acoustics LS3/5a, or their mini-monitor ?
Different beasts...

Wakefield Turntables
01-10-2014, 14:54
It might work out cheaper to buy a knackered pair of Escum and restore them?

Oldpinkman
01-10-2014, 14:56
I'm talking about their LS35a. It is a new manufactured original 15 ohm LS35a - directly comparable with vintage models from Rogers and others. According to a man who knows a great deal about that speaker. :)

Martyn Miles
01-10-2014, 16:05
I'm talking about their LS35a. It is a new manufactured original 15 ohm LS35a - directly comparable with vintage models from Rogers and others. According to a man who knows a great deal about that speaker. :)

Yes, I have been to Falcon Acoustics and seen these 'in the flesh', but I wasn't going to say anything until they were actually up for sale.
Have I ordered my pair ? Well...