PDA

View Full Version : A couple of weeks with my Loricraft!

stevied
10-07-2014, 21:36
I have had my Loricraft a couple of weeks now and cleaned around a 100 albums!

The difference in cleaned albums is astonishing !

The Loricraft allows me to clean records while listening and is a joy to use, had a Moth before but drove me crazy with the noise!

Expensive yes but what a joy !

Very Happy:)

SLS
10-07-2014, 22:09
I have had my Loricraft a couple of weeks now and cleaned around a 100 albums!

The difference in cleaned albums is astonishing !

The Loricraft allows me to clean records while listening and is a joy to use, had a Moth before but drove me crazy to with the noise!

Expensive yes but what a joy !

Very Happy:)

Welcome to the Loricraft club

PaulStewart
10-07-2014, 23:36
Welcome to the Loricraft club

Yes indeed, welcome to the club..... Mine has been going over 10 years and has never missed a beat, enjoy :)

fiddlemaker
11-07-2014, 21:45
never bothered with wet/vacuum record cleaning until I recently started using a decca cartridge, which picks up fluff like nobody's business.
I'm using a diy approach with an old turntable and a modified vacuum cleaner crevice tool. On the plus side, I no longer have fluff problems. But I'm unable to detect any difference whatsoever in sound quality (or surface noise) after cleaning.

Ali Tait
11-07-2014, 22:13
I bought one of the machines from the chap in Brazil. Looks a bit Heath Robinson, but does a great job. Definitely notice the difference pre and post.

KevinF
12-07-2014, 20:28
Plus one for Terry's machine. PRC4 here. Love it. Quiet to use and it reduces surface noise very nicely. A proper job.

It Cost How Much!?!
14-07-2014, 09:43
Good to speak to you on Sat at Geoff's. As I said, I have a PRC3 that I am more than happy with. Great machine and once you have owned one, the other machines just seem very noisy.

p.s. liked the phono stage, very nice.

baron
14-07-2014, 12:31
Plus one for Terry's machine. PRC4 here. Love it. Quiet to use and it reduces surface noise very nicely. A proper job.
+2. great machine l have a PRC4 and love it.

SLS
21-07-2014, 17:41
This lunatic spent $1million ++ on an audio system, but one sensible thing he purchased was a Lori craft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30onoWXjYSA

Around 5:45 - he should have turned the room into a gym instead.

stevied
21-07-2014, 18:31
Not sure how i managed without a RCM machine for so long!

if vinyl is your main source i think a RCM is a must!

Eagle owl
08-08-2014, 10:49
Here's an interesting video in respect of the Loricraft PRC3 record cleaning machine. I know it's not the latest machine but the video is still worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZmRy3cbFjw
Edit/Delete Message