PDA

View Full Version : FS: Gyrodeck Upgrade - Orbe double Spider (Clear)

Gazjam
03-07-2014, 14:40
Have an upgraded Gyro to Orbe Spec turntable.

Bought the double spider direct from Michell as the final, last upgrade on my deck...should have bought the black spider, not the clear.
Its a visual thing, the clear is a bit too "bling" given I have the black Orbe platter and the rest of my kit is black.

Costs £103 direct from Michell, looking for £70 delivered, bought it 2 months ago.
It's flawless, immaculate etc, just want to get the black double spider because it makes my turntable sound a lot better! :)

The money from the sale goes directly towarfd the black spider. not life affirming or changing but hey ho...

Thanks! :)

(pics to follow, but imagine 2 of these)
http://shared1.ad-lister.co.uk/UserImages/69fff2ff-c63a-4ca4-9099-622e5c1a1334/Img/IMG_3345.jpg

Gazjam
07-07-2014, 23:51
*withdrawn from sale*

The Barbarian
08-07-2014, 07:05
Hi Gaz
Im a bit puzzled why you feel the need to Orbe your Gyro. If it's a visual thing don't you think you have taken away what makes the Gyro look so nice in the first place..The spinning weights are visually capturing when in motion..

I said i would buy another 'Gyro' at some point but tbh i prefer the look & sound of the 'Syncro'

Gazjam
08-07-2014, 15:36
Hi Andre,

I bought the Gyro with all the Orbe upgrades as a (fantastic) second hand buy.
The spinning weights look great, but I'd find them distracting to be honest and I really like the "no nonsense, down to business" solid look of the Orbe platter. Prefer it to the weights.

Visually, to me the Gyro looks lighter and more airy, delicate even.
The Orbe is more solid, massive and "industrial" in its design, which I prefer.
Looks and sounds fantastic.
More so when my Firebottle Plus arrives this week. :)

Got the double spider as the last Orgbe upgrade to my deck, should have got the black not the clear.
THAT was a visual thing, its just too bling.
Makes me realise the spinning weights would have been just too much.