PDA

View Full Version : Fix a Project TT ?

MikeMusic
16-06-2014, 08:33
Someone on The Afterword asks who can fix his

>Project II breifly started making a grinding noise and now the motor is spinning backwards.

Do we know someone in or near Berks ?

Mothman
16-06-2014, 12:15
John Caswell in Finchampstead may be worth asking, I know he repairs turntables but not sure about Project stuff. Not sure if he is a member here but I know he sometimes posts on pfm or alternatively I have his number somewhere which I can PM if needed..

PaulStewart
16-06-2014, 12:48
If he's in Berks, he could try Henley in Didcot, who are the importers or my tech guy could do it if he wants to come to west London

MikeMusic
16-06-2014, 14:53
Thanks both

Passed on, without naming names

DSJR
16-06-2014, 17:07
Hopefully a component in the 'power supply' to the motor. The II was a good reliable deck I remember and well worth a good service while it's in being sorted out :)

The Barbarian
16-06-2014, 18:12
I think there is only a cap with the motor, a good one if i remember, however you can get the motors from henley cheap, dead easy to swap out..

MikeMusic
17-06-2014, 07:59
Hopefully a component in the 'power supply' to the motor. The II was a good reliable deck I remember and well worth a good service while it's in being sorted out :)

Service is a very good idea. Passed on

MikeMusic
17-06-2014, 08:02
I think there is only a cap with the motor, a good one if i remember, however you can get the motors from henley cheap, dead easy to swap out..

I have an exaggerated fear of breaking stuff when delving in kit
Same with diy. So often seems simple then becomes very long winded as I find out things I didn't know.

Spectral Morn
17-06-2014, 09:10
Someone on The Afterword asks who can fix his

>Project II breifly started making a grinding noise and now the motor is spinning backwards.

Do we know someone in or near Berks ?

Contact Henley Designs the distributor and ask them. https://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/home-c1

In fact here is the dealer list and the brands they stock https://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/ui/dealer/dealer-search-list.aspx

Regards Neil

MikeMusic
18-06-2014, 09:29
Thanks Neil

He hasn't answered yet after 2-3 days

Hmmm

6L6
21-06-2014, 01:53
If the motor is running backwards the capacitor is in need of replacement... The entire function of the cap is to get the motor tuning the proper direction on startup.

As for the grinding, does it make those noises when you turn the platter by hand?

MikeMusic
21-06-2014, 09:31
Not my deck Jim

Thanks for the answer

OP has gone AWOL, maybe back soon ....