PDA

View Full Version : Led Zep Re- issues

Jimbo
15-06-2014, 09:31
For those who may be interested in the Led Zep re-issues it may be worth checking Analog planets reviews coming soon.

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/led-zep-reviews-coming-soon

Wakefield Turntables
15-06-2014, 09:47
That takes the piss a little! Analog planet reviewing a slab of vinyl which has been produced from CD mixes.... :rolleyes:

Jimbo
15-06-2014, 10:13
That takes the piss a little! Analog planet reviewing a slab of vinyl which has been produced from CD mixes.... :rolleyes:

Why didn,t they use the original analog tapes? or is that for another re-issue:scratch:

Wakefield Turntables
15-06-2014, 10:58
No idea mate. Probably to save money, it's not like it's going to make a dent in the many millions they are worth :rolleyes:, and paradoxically I would have spent more on analog tape remasters which would have made them more money, now they can simply :finger:for not respecting their fans.

DSJR
15-06-2014, 10:58
Hopefully, since none of us were there when the transfers and mastering was done, the digital tapes should be an exact replica of the original analogues, which are getting on a bit now and shouldn't be played very often I feel (digital dubs of LP's done with care at home sound indistinguishable from the original vinyl I'm told - can't see the point myself but there you are). No doubt the new vinyl pressings will be 'prepared' to make the best of the medium, so will have some extra work/filtering done to them as was done to the original cuts. I'm keen to see how LZ2 works out on vinyl, as it was always the worst in Hifi terms for me.

sparrow
15-06-2014, 16:08
Bought the three cd's and I And III on vinyl. they all sound superb to my lugs.

The Barbarian
15-06-2014, 19:52
Sent mine back. Im now wondering what peoples definition of superb is all about!!

keiron99
15-06-2014, 20:43
I will be buying these when funds allow.

Almost everyone to a man on the Hoffman forums adores these releases.

simon e
16-06-2014, 05:26
My wife just gave me the deluxe box set of 2. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. But the packaging and book are really lovely.

May have to buy the other two, would be a shame not to have the set ;-)

keiron99
16-06-2014, 12:55
My wife just gave me the deluxe box set of 2. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. But the packaging and book are really lovely.

May have to buy the other two, would be a shame not to have the set ;-)

And then at least another half dozen to follow....!

You could buy a small family car for the money you'll spend on the whole catalogue.

By the way, any news on when the next phase of releases are out?

Lee Henley
16-06-2014, 19:14
October is what's rumoured