PDA

View Full Version : DVD A advice and AV amp advice too.

Floyddroid
13-06-2014, 17:07
Can anyone suggest a DVD audio player or a multi player IE Blueray/DVD/ DVD A player and also is there such a beast as an AV amp with blue tooth facility for the rear speakers? If so can you suggest a reasonably priced one? Or should i simply go for a Sonos type system. I just don't want to trail cables to the rear speakers.:scratch:

Macca
14-06-2014, 09:00
Get an Oppo. They play everything and make a good job of it plus you can use it as a transport and output native DSD to the amplifier if you wanted to play around with that. Not sure about A/V amps with Bluetooth but I'd be surprised of no-one is doing it. I use Richer sounds 42 (I think) strand for the rears, thin and very flexible so you can tuck it beneath the carpet.

PaulStewart
18-06-2014, 13:40
On my Sony STRDH 810 there's a dock to take a wireless module to send to the speakers, but I think it's proprietary not bluetooth. However, these days they do make BT speakers so things may have moved on. These days I use the Sony Blu Ray for anything digital that spins, apart from Red Book CD. However having heard and seen the output from the Oppo, I think that there is one in my near future ;)