PDA

View Full Version : Gutted

barty
13-07-2009, 19:22
can anyone recommend a good but cheap re-wire kit for my Rega RB250 arm. Noticed a humming sound coming from the turntable and noticed the green and blue cartridge clips were loose. Went at it to tighten them with small pliers and they have snapped off. BOTH OF THEM UUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHHHHH, HELP

hifi_dave
13-07-2009, 19:26
Do you know someone who can solder ? It will be a lot cheaper and easier to get those tags put back on. Rega will do it for you if all else fails.

DSJR
14-07-2009, 12:57
Dave, are Rega's service charges as modest as they used to be? Seriously, they were incredibly accommodating as long as you didn't want to do silly things to their products..

Magna Audio
14-07-2009, 13:05
If you can re-wire it yourself of have a friend who can, Litz tone arm wire is very good and cheap - quite possibly an upgrade.
The guy who makes the Terminator arm bearing tone arm sells it on Ebay.

NRG
14-07-2009, 13:20
As said you may be able to solder the tags back on...if you do want to rewire partsconnexion.com sell tags and Cardas wire...I've got some on the way for the re-wire of my PL71 tone arm...

barty
14-07-2009, 16:28
thanks for the replies guys, can anyone tell me anything about the incognito re wire kit

StanleyB
14-07-2009, 18:14
You could try J7 on TXN...

Stan

hifi_dave
14-07-2009, 19:45
thanks for the replies guys, can anyone tell me anything about the incognito re wire kit

Not wishing to upset you in any but (IMO) if you are not able to solder the tags back onto the wire, I would have thought a re-wire also beyond your capabilities. Over the years I have seen many arms in need of serious repair after a re-wire attempt and most have been done by 'professionals'.

Rega will solder those tags back on for you at minimal cost if you haven't got a local dealer.

Spectral Morn
14-07-2009, 19:51
Soldering arm cable tags is a nightmare and a real test of soldering skills....I hated it if a customer wanted it done or if I broke a tag fitting a cartridge :doh::lol::lol:...thankfully it didn't happen very often.

I have to agree though if you can't solder cart tags (and I can) its a no no to rewire an arm...I wouldn't have a go at that if you paid me to.

Regards D S D L