PDA

View Full Version : Wanted J.A.Michell Platter

The Barbarian
05-06-2014, 18:06
Im looking for a Michell 'Syncro' platter, mine has a tiny chip in it that drives me mad :eyebrows:

The Barbarian
05-06-2014, 18:54
or a 'Mycro' inverted bearing & platter..

The Barbarian
11-06-2014, 14:41
Ok i'm sorted with the replacement 'Syncro' glass platter, i am very lucky to have got one from the manufacturer £165.00.. this just re enforces what a superb company they really are.. Top notch after sales..

Gazjam
11-06-2014, 18:30
Only £245 for a replacement Gyro platter (curious in case I missed the spinning weights too much and decided to get one!)

Agree with you about Michell, spoke with Steve there today and a few occasions previously and has been happy to bend over backwards to help.
Peace of mind your turntable will work, cant beat it.

The Barbarian
11-06-2014, 21:24
What it was is i need a replacement glass platter for my 'Syncro' deck, i was originally going to replace the 'Syncro' bearing for a 'Mycro' inverted bearing i could then fit a 'Mycro' platter which is the same as the 'Gyro' platter, i could have then fitted a pulley that would allow me to fit two belts {Wow & flutter & all that}..but since the 'Syncro' sounds great i opted to just buy a new original platter, cost came into consideration anyway..However a new set of conical feet & this deck is back to showroom condition..

I totally love this company they are so efficient & friendly..The turntables just keep going & going, so reliable..