PDA

View Full Version : Problem with LMS 7.9

Covenant
24-05-2014, 21:59
I have just installed 7.9 on my SB Touch but have two problems. All my stored favourites like Radio Paradise won't play-I get a timed out message about data not being accessible. Also there does not seem to be a way of installing EDO like on the earlier versions of LMS.
Any ideas?:scratch:

icehockeyboy
26-05-2014, 09:20
Very surprised Chris (Stratmangler) hasn't answered this......

StanleyB
26-05-2014, 10:09
There is a bit of chatter about LMS7.9 problems on the Slimdevices forum.

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 10:30
Very surprised Chris (Stratmangler) hasn't answered this......

I don't play with the recent versions.
Isn't 7.9 one of the nightlies?
I have always viewed the nightlies as best avoided by numpties who can't write code (I include myself in this category).
As Stan has already pointed out, there's a bit of chatter about it on the Slim Devices forum.

My server is a Zyxel NSA310 and it runs a Zyxel version of LMS 7.7.1 - the Zyxel version strips out all the processor intensive functions.
If Zyxel come up with an update then I have no doubt I'll move it up a level, but until then it stays as it is.

Edit - just looked at the officially downloadable version, and it's 7.7.3, so anything above that is a nightly - you're on yer own with this one Jerry, best o' luck!

Covenant
26-05-2014, 12:37
Eeek! What have I done? I have gone back to 7.7.3 and got EDO working but I have not been able to connect to internet radio. I tried rebooting my router and Touch. I have also cleared the DNS cache. The logitech forum has not been helpful either.
If I could give myself a good kick up the backside, I would! I miss Radio Paradise!

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 12:44
Eeek! What have I done? I have gone back to 7.7.3 and got EDO working but I have not been able to connect to internet radio. I tried rebooting my router and Touch. I have also cleared the DNS cache. The logitech forum has not been helpful either.
If I could give myself a good kick up the backside, I would! I miss Radio Paradise!

What firmware version is the Touch running?
When you say rebooted, what to you mean? Did you press the reset button on the back of the player and perform a factory reset?

Markiii
26-05-2014, 13:11
are you installing this on the touch itself (as you implied?) or on a server?

I wasn't aware the in built touch SB server was upgradeable?

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 13:17
are you installing this on the touch itself (as you implied?) or on a server?

I wasn't aware the in built touch SB server was upgradeable?

The Touch server updates itself automatically according to the level of LMS used.
Both of the Touch players here are on firmware 7.7.2-r9663, and the server is 7.7.1 - r33735

Jerry's player should show firmware compatible with server version 7.7.3

Covenant
26-05-2014, 14:17
Hi Chris
Firmware 7.7.3 r16676. Yes, I did a factory reset.

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 14:21
Did you do a directory cleanup after uninstalling the troublesome LMS version, and before you installed 7.7.3?
CCleaner is your friend in this instance.

That sounds like a server software level - what version is on your player?

Covenant
26-05-2014, 14:49
No, I didnt do a directory cleanup. LMS 7.8.0

On the Logitech forum it has been suggested that I should do a factory reset and then go to the software menu and force an update, let the Touch boot up, do another reset then install EDO.

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 14:51
No, I didnt do a directory cleanup. LMS 7.8.0

On the Logitech forum it has been suggested that I should do a factory reset and then go to the software menu and force an update, let the Touch boot up, do another reset then install EDO.

I spotted that post too - have you done as you were advised yet?

Covenant
26-05-2014, 15:03
I will try it and report back!

NRG
26-05-2014, 15:17
I had a problem recently loosing the preset radio stations on our SB Radio and also being unable to search for them (Radio Paradise was one of them) it turned out to be LMS starting up before it logged into my squeezebox.com after I had recently rebooted the server. Not sure if its related to the above problem but simply stopping and starting LMS brought the presets and search back.

Covenant
26-05-2014, 15:27
I spotted that post too - have you done as you were advised yet?
Nope, that didnt work. I have noticed that the advanced setting page of the software has hardly any info,just language, media library name and media folders. I am sure there used to be a lot more on this page.

Covenant
26-05-2014, 15:37
Thanks Neal but that didnt work either.

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 16:33
Try the uninstall/cleanup machine/install from fresh thing then.
Don't forget to factory reset your Touch and make it update firmware from server.

Covenant
26-05-2014, 19:00
Didnt work again Chris. On the LMS control panel I noticed this message:
We've seen that your Logitech Media Server is configured to use a proxy server. In this configuration connectivity to mysqueezebox.com on port 3483 can't be tested.

We were not able to successfully communicate with mysqueezebox.com
This might be a temporary internet issue, or a limitation imposed by your ISP. If the problem persists, please make sure your firewall is not blocking outgoing traffic.
I have decided to leave it alone for now as my old XP machine is past its best and due for the knackers yard. In a few days I will be ordering a new windows 7 computer and will put LMS on it after transferring the internal hard drive from my old machine where all my music is stored.
No point in putting more effort in when I might be repeating the exercise in a week.
Anyway thanks for all the advice, I will be asking for more help soon!;)

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 19:36
I just had a look on my server and took this screen shot

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae88/Stratmangler/68fec663-ad41-46d7-a622-44321fb3ad15_zps6e6d1eff.png (http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Stratmangler/media/68fec663-ad41-46d7-a622-44321fb3ad15_zps6e6d1eff.png.html)

You might find the proxy server address in the same place - delete it and see how you get on.

Covenant
26-05-2014, 20:30
Well done Chris that was the problem. I deleted the proxy reference and rebooted for the upteenth time and I have internet radio again. Now to stick all my favourites back in place.
Why did a proxy server appear? I can understand something missing but to add something is odd.
Anyway sorted, thanks once again.

Stratmangler
26-05-2014, 20:38
Well done Chris that was the problem. I deleted the proxy reference and rebooted for the upteenth time and I have internet radio again. Now to stick all my favourites back in place.
Why did a proxy server appear? I can understand something missing but to add something is odd.
Anyway sorted, thanks once again.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

The proxy server might well be there in the coding for 7.9, and is possibly a known fix it first item for the code writing team.
The main thing is you're back up and running, and hopefully a bit more wary about trying unofficial software releases :D