PDA

View Full Version : Fs/ creek p43 pre

struth
18-05-2014, 22:35
Bought this off Geoff not all that long ago, and it is all that he said it was. Lovely conditio and I have bought the latest Creek rated PSU for it from I think analogue seduction, or someone like that. think it was £40 + ....there is nowt wrong with it, it sounds great, I just bought a valve pre and this is now spare.
The description below is his, and I hope he does not mind my plagiarism.
I will get some pics up tomorrow as it is in my studio system currently. I will take £180 plus insured postage or you can arrange your own courier if you prefer.

CREEK P43 PRE

Creek P43 Active or Passive Pre-amp with MM Phono
This pre-amp is the later 43 series. These are a passive design as standard, intended for use with the sensitive A43 power amp. In order to make it a bit more flexible, I have just bought and fitted a brand new active gain line module for this amp which is a plug in unit to convert it from passive to active internally. This is very easy to remove and replace with the supplied jumper plug (make sure you ask me for it) if you wish to run it passive. I believe this board also enables the headphone socket but I haven't tried it.
It is also fitted with the optional plug in MM phono module which is a very competent phono stage as you would expect from Creek.
This is the non-remote version but again, the remote version just uses a different circuit board. If you are a very keen DIYer, the board fitted has all the spaces fitted and marked to fit the remote components so you could obtain the service manual, components and fit them yourself to the existing board.

In order to use either the phono module or the active gain module, you need to power this pre-amp with either the OBH-1 or OBH-2 DC power supplies (like you get with Creek phono or headphone amps) or an aftermarket equivalent. THIS IS NOT SUPPLIED.(IT IS NOW)
You can run it in passive mode without the phono stage and it does not require any power. To do so would require the active gain module to be removed.

In excellent cosmetic condition, there is hardly a mark on it. Supplied with original box and instructions.

struth
19-05-2014, 09:18
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/u3e5unez.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/ahume2az.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/y7yteryq.jpg

Pictures kindly supplied by Geoff.

struth
20-05-2014, 18:39
No interest in this lovely pre....it has a new phono stage in it. a new PSU.. both have less than 10 hours on them.....and the amp can easily be turned into a passive again should the need arise....loads of connections...great condition

Firebottle
20-05-2014, 19:26
Lovely looking pre, I'm not in the market for one so good luck with the sale Grant,

Cheers, Alan

struth
20-05-2014, 20:10
Thanks Alan.....a bit surprised but may be that time of month...;)

RichB
20-05-2014, 22:54
Just spent all my dough on next month's festival accommodation... Otherwise I'd love to try this with my Amptastic.

struth
20-05-2014, 23:35
is that the mini T amp Rich....I'd think it would be pretty good...certainly nice and quite and smooth. every time I put a record on it gets a little better; not sure how many rs it will take but I know it is not fully open yet. I like creek stuff but if you include my fmj integrated I potentially have 2 extra pre's now so thought I'd sell one and the fmj is slightly more flexible. currently don't want to get rid of the Nak....might never see one again.

struth
22-05-2014, 09:13
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/834/1pk1s.jpg

RichB
22-05-2014, 14:25
Grant, does this one have a remote which works when the amp is plugged in?

struth
22-05-2014, 16:06
I believe you may be able to add a module kit for remote but it doesn't at moment..there is a small rectangular slot in front that I think is for the sensor. I dont know if the headphones socket is connected as I dont have any.

struth
22-05-2014, 22:03
open to a swap for a TT with cash either way.

struth
24-05-2014, 14:51
Sold...STP

walpurgis
24-05-2014, 15:00
Someone has just got themselves a nice unit. I was tempted myself, then thought, do I really need yet another pre-amp? I must have had fifty. :)

struth
24-05-2014, 15:44
Chers Geoff...it is a lovely little thing.got a beautiful sound to it and gets better all the time as a lot of it is quite new.might be making an error but something has to give if I am to get my next toy.

struth
24-05-2014, 18:45
sold!!!