PDA

View Full Version : Songs from the Big Chair

julesd68
25-04-2014, 13:55
Just acquired a vinyl copy of '"Songs from the Big Chair" and find it quite exceptional. I was listening to very different music back in the 80's but now I have a much more eclectic taste, it's wonderful to discover gems like this. It sounds just amazing on my system - couldn't resist turning it right up! The production makes the songs feel so big and spacious whilst the quality of the instrumentation and songwriting speaks for itself. Magic stuff ... :)

Looks like I will have to get "The Hurting" and "Seeds of Love" next ...

webby
25-04-2014, 14:21
Just acquired a vinyl copy of '"Songs from the Big Chair" and find it quite exceptional. I was listening to very different music back in the 80's but now I have a much more eclectic taste, it's wonderful to discover gems like this. It sounds just amazing on my system - couldn't resist turning it right up! The production makes the songs feel so big and spacious whilst the quality of the instrumentation and songwriting speaks for itself. Magic stuff ... :)

One of my faves for sure.

MikeMusic
25-04-2014, 14:22
Elemental pretty good. 7/10 on the Mikeometer

Saturline Martial & Lunatic samples well too

The Hurting has classic moments in it
Not so keen on Seeds of Love

dantheman91
25-04-2014, 14:37
A classic with a stunning Chris Hughes production. I haven't played mine in a long time & time to dig it out

Ali Tait
25-04-2014, 14:46
Just ordered from discogs..

The Barbarian
25-04-2014, 15:00
I remember selling the LP in the Record shop i worked in the 80's, sold very well, i remember 7''/10'' & 12'' single of ''Shout'' & ''Everybody Wants To Rule The World'' that sold well too, saying that the previous LP 'The Hurting' was still selling well at the time..

Rush2112
30-04-2014, 20:12
Let's not forget the track "Mad World" ! Who's that guy Gary Jules anyway !

Floyddroid
11-05-2014, 15:39
I would have to agree. Although my favourite is still The Hurting. Not as good a production though.

Tarzan
12-05-2014, 13:07

Much underrated group l felt and so are the albums.:)

Rush2112
12-05-2014, 20:24
Orzabal is without doubt a talented songwriter having won two Ivor Novello's plus producing one of my favourite albums, Circle of One by Oleta Adams.