PDA

View Full Version : Happy the man - Genesis fan.

The Barbarian
22-04-2014, 19:51
Took me ages to think the title up :eyebrows:

The Genesis LP Box sets have to be some of the best Re-issues i bought over the last year or so. nice heavy vinyl..Sound much better than the originals to my lug holes. Very impressed with the construction & especially the textured sleeves of 'A Trick Of The Tail' & 'Wind & Wuthering' as per originals..

1970-1975 {Trespass/Nursery Cryme/Foxtrot/Selling England/Lambs} - [Bought these seperate]
1976-1981 {A Trick Of The Tail/Wind & Wuthering/Then There Were Three/Duke/Abacab} [Bought these as a set]

There was a live box set available but never saw this as a Vinyl set.. However 'Seconds Out' is available seperately & nice it is too.

'From Genesis To Revelation' is obviously not included being originally Decca release but i just recieved a brand new re-issue of it on Not Bad Records, great embossed G/Fold sleeve that looks good, only gripe is it's a clear vinyl, i also wished the label design was more in line with the original! can't complain tho.

Only thing i am now missing is A re-issue of Genesis 'Live' i cannot see any trace of a Re-issue so a 2nd hand factory condition issue of it will to do. I also need a totally minto condition copay of 'Spot The Pigeon' 12'' Single

I will then be an happy bunny with my old Gen'arse'is records back home in perfect condition..

:carrot: