PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Mid 90's Rega Amp

Idlewithnodrive
18-04-2014, 13:46
I have just become the rather fortunate owner of a Mk1 Rega Planet CDP :) Great fun, an absolute joy to use and great sounding to boot, so can't be bad.

I believe the Planet is from 1997 so I would like a Rega amp of this era to go with it please.

I always suspected I would end up with an all Rega system and now seems like the right time to go for it.

So, can anybody sell me or point me in the direction of a Rega amp of the correct vintage so that I can enjoy that Rega system that I always knew I would own ?

Thanks

Mike

DSJR
18-04-2014, 15:51
The original Brio was a bit gutless I found, the Luna lacked remote but was much better. The one 'we' sold the most of was the clamshell Mira, which had power, ate the comparable Arcam and Marantz KI offerings, let alone the tuneless Kandy that WTF raved over! The Mira 2000 onwards was a brighter and not so 'involving' product I felt, and the visuals weren't right either, as the front plate was plastic yet the plastic looking top plate was a casting :scratch: 'Twasn't until the Brio R that they got it all sorted out IMO.