PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Pioneer / Akai Speaker Connectors

The Grand Wazoo
04-07-2009, 15:44
Hi folks,
I'm trying to track down some speaker connectors that Pioneer & Akai used to use in their early -mid 1970's amps & receivers. I've got one & could do with at least one more. Three would be brilliant!

They look like this:

http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos/reproduction_radios/Pioneer_SpkrPlugs_web.jpg

If anyone's got one (or some) rattling around in the back of a drawer or something, I'd be pleased to hear from you.

They can be bought on the web, but have you seen the price?! Up to now I've made do with a bodge from some car type spades, lovingly snipped & bent to shape, so I'm not desperate. If I thought it was really important, I'd fit some proper modern sockets, but it would be nice to have the real thing & keep the old receiver in original condition.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

Cheers

Barry
04-07-2009, 23:18
Hi folks,
I'm trying to track down some speaker connectors that Pioneer & Akai used to use in their early -mid 1970's amps & receivers. I've got one & could do with at least one more. Three would be brilliant!

They look like this:

http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos/reproduction_radios/Pioneer_SpkrPlugs_web.jpg

If anyone's got one (or some) rattling around in the back of a drawer or something, I'd be pleased to hear from you.

They can be bought on the web, but have you seen the price?! Up to now I've made do with a bodge from some car type spades, lovingly snipped & bent to shape, so I'm not desperate. If I thought it was really important, I'd fit some proper modern sockets, but it would be nice to have the real thing & keep the old receiver in original condition.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

Cheers

Sounds a bit like the problem faced by users of Quad 50E amplifiers. The special 11-way Jones plugs are about £100 to buy new. In some ways this is understandable as manufacture ceased many years ago and the design is now being remade in limited quantities. But even so!

In your case, I'm sure someone is asking a lot for them on ebay.

The Grand Wazoo
20-03-2011, 15:46
A gentle nudge to this ancient thread - I'm still looking!
If anyone has some of these, they could help me out - I actually only need one.

Rare Bird
20-03-2011, 16:10
I'll keep my eyes peeled Chris, you don't see these for sale very often tho

The Grand Wazoo
20-03-2011, 16:13
Cheers mate, that's appreciated

Rare Bird
20-03-2011, 16:37
Your lucky day ;)

PM

The Grand Wazoo
25-02-2012, 11:27
Still looking for one or more of these little tinkers.
If anyone has one rattling around in a drawer or bits box, I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers