PDA

View Full Version : Agnes Obel

Haselsh1
17-04-2014, 15:44
Is anyone heavily into Agnes Obel and which album do you prefer, 'Aventine' or 'Philharmonics'...? I absolutely love 'Riverside' from 'Philharmonics' but by far and away prefer the album on CD to vinyl. My vinyl copy is so bad that I did also buy the CD and I am so pleased I did. A stunning couple of albums and yes, she was on 'Later with Jools' a couple of nights ago.

brian2957
17-04-2014, 15:55
Is anyone heavily into Agnes Obel and which album do you prefer, 'Aventine' or 'Philharmonics'...? I absolutely love 'Riverside' from 'Philharmonics' but by far and away prefer the album on CD to vinyl. My vinyl copy is so bad that I did also buy the CD and I am so pleased I did. A stunning couple of albums and yes, she was on 'Later with Jools' a couple of nights ago.
Sorry I missed that Shaun . Yes I really like her . I like both albums , both original and beautifully recorded. ' Riverside ' is probably my favourite also.

synsei
17-04-2014, 20:15
Listening to Aventine just now which is lovely. I don't think I've heard Philharmonics, I'll search for it on Spotify and have a listen when Aventine is finished ;)

selby
17-04-2014, 20:18
One of my favourites. It comes across to me as being beautifully recorded, the two channels work perfectly in harmony. Both are staggering albums, I've got Aventine studio master and it's even better!

Haselsh1
18-04-2014, 13:05
On 'Philharmonics' there are a couple of break up points were the sound is simply recorded at too high a level but these are really more obvious on CD than vinyl. Apart from these two points the albums are truly stunning.