PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Gordon Steadman
15-04-2014, 16:30
My recent 'budget system' thread featured a Marantz CD62. Sounds great but the drawer was a bit clunky. opened it up to have a look and the gear wheel is completely knackered with stripped teeth. Plus it is very loose - half of it still is:eek: As I was holding it to see what the problem was, it just came orf in me 'and guv!

Any guidance would be gratefully received ie. best place to buy such a thing and how the hell do I fit it?? I can't see how the wheel locates properly as there doesn't appear to any proper bearing, it just seems to sit in a hole in the plastic!!

It seems much better built than the normal cheap units I have seen but then it sounds a bit better than average too.

Gordon Steadman
15-04-2014, 16:38
OK I've found the gear on eBay. Any help on how to get the movement out safely without buggering up the machine will be much appreciated. I can see now that the whole of the old gear has split right through and there is a locating pin on the slide out drawer. That pin has broken off on the old one which would probably explain the slightly excessive movement!!

It has a standard Philips CDM-4 movement.

337alant
15-04-2014, 21:02
Gordon there is a step by step guide here http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45664 hope this helps

Alan

Gordon Steadman
16-04-2014, 05:53
Gordon there is a step by step guide here http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45664 hope this helps

Alan
Hi Alan,

The 62 isn't quite the same but thats near enough to give me a guide. All dismantled now and waiting for the part to arrive from China!!! Might be some time:(

Many thanks for the link.

Gordon Steadman
23-04-2014, 08:59
Wow, not often am I impressed with the postal services but the new gear wheel arrived from Singapore this morning - thats eight days. Their estimate was middle of May!!

Took a couple of minutes to slip it into place and the CD62 drawer is now as smooth as silk.

Still listening to it as I type. Very nice player indeed. When my wife finally demands her Pioneer back (it has programming on it that she uses!!) I won't be upset to have this player in the main system.

Thanks all for the guidance.