PDA

View Full Version : Hello Audiophiles,

jmmaddox
15-04-2014, 09:42
Hello everybody, my name is Jamie and I am a musoholic

You might scoff but over the past few years I am moving all my music from CD's / hi-fi over to mp3 / mp3 players. Now I am finally getting around (i.e. being nagged by the wife) to get rid of all the old hi-fi equipment because apparently babies need the room more than I do. I have bought some decent quality kit over the years so rather than post it all on Ebay I was hoping to try here first to see if I can find people who might appreciate it.

Audio Al
15-04-2014, 10:13
Hi Jamie

Welcome aboard

MP3 are you sure :eek:

Vinyl is where it at honest , you know them round flat discs with grooves in them :)

We have a selling section , it's referred too as Private exhibitions , not sure if you can post as soon as you register or not

You will have lots of friends who also like this MP3 thingamyjig :scratch:

Have fun ;)

keiths
15-04-2014, 10:24
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the forum. Al's right - the 'Private Exhibitions' section is only for established members, so you won't be able to advertise there until you've a few posts under your belt. Why not hang around for a while and see if the flame gets re-kindled, so to speak?

John
15-04-2014, 10:29
Hi Jamie

Welcome to AOS
If you can try keep them loseless at the very least I keep all my files uncompressed It means extra hard drives but IMHO worth it.

MartinT
16-04-2014, 06:48
Hello Jamie and welcome to AoS. If you must use the mp3 format, at least use the LAME encoder and a high bitrate to ensure the best possible quality.

Puffin
16-04-2014, 07:47
Don't let anyone dissuade you from getting rid of your kit! To whet our appetites give us a list of what you will be off-loading and the bargain prices you will be letting it go for:D Most hifi is rubbish - you are defo doing the right thing:lol: